IdleRich

IdleRich
I keep seeing these t-shirts with Trump's mugshot on them for sale and I really don't know if they are aimed at defiant Trump supporters celebrating what they see as his resilience while bravely standing against persecution, or at Trump haters laughing at his indictment. Without any text to clarify the intent they really could (as @version I think first pointed out) mean either thing. Perhaps that's deliberate genius marketing that you can sell the same thing to two groups of people who are absolutely and passionately opposed to each other. I wonder what happens when two people wearing these tees meet, they might assume they are of like mind and then get a very nasty shock that causes them to wonder what message they are sending out.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

Special counsel Jack Smith has added a veteran war crimes prosecutor — who served as Smith’s deputy during his stint at the Hague — to his team as it prepares to put former President Donald Trump on trial in Washington and Florida.

Alex Whiting worked alongside Smith for three years, helping prosecute crimes against humanity that occurred in Kosovo in the late 1990s. The Yale-educated attorney also worked as a prosecutor with the International Criminal Court from 2010 to 2013. He has taught law classes at Harvard since 2007 as well, hired as an assistant professor by then-Dean Elena Kagan — now a Supreme Court justice — and rising to a visiting professorship in 2013.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Wah wah wah...

They did well to pick out all of that from just one pic of his face. Do you reckon they got it entirely from the expression or do you think that it helped them a little bit thay it was Trump and he'd arguably just done that and so they just said it must be the expression to go with that situation.

I'd like to know the truth here cos it's a very handy expression that I will remember for use in case I'm ever in that situation - but only if I can be sure it's genuine.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Trump's tactics for fighting his indictments etc seem to involve a barrage of, on the face of it at least, mainly trivial legal actions.

This seems relevant here....

On Tuesday judge Arthur Engoron refused to dismiss a lawsuit accusing former US president of illegally inflating assets and net worth

This is the civil case in which NY DA Letitia James is suing Trump in civil court claiming he committed fraud. Typically Trump's lawyers tried to have the case dismissed while issuing a seemingly contradictory statement

Alina Habba, Trump’s general counsel, described the Trump Organization as “an American success story” and called the judge’s ruling “fundamentally flawed”.

“We intend to immediately appeal this decision because President Trump and his family, like every American business owner, is entitled to their day in court,” Habba said in a statement on Tuesday.

However

...the judge indicated last week he was not inclined to be sympathetic, rebuking Trump's lawyers for making “frivolous arguments” and stating he was considering sanctions against them.

And

In his ruling on Tuesday, he granted a motion by James seeking sanctions against Trump’s legal team for repeatedly making arguments already rejected, fining five attorneys $7,500 each.

It really feels like a case of generals using the tactics that would have won a previous battle. In other words, Trump has often managed to defeat people with legitimate cases against him by getting them bogged down in pointless cases that, although they are right, they simply cannot afford to fight. However that tactic is just not gonna work when it is the DoJ or NY or some other body that will not run out of money in the same way.

In fact, it seems that the cases against him are proceeding AND he's just adding to his own troubles - plus getting his own lawyers a loaf of unnecessary fines. The twat.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Politics is often seen as a game, a game in which people simply pick their sides and cheer along... but today a Trump supporter revealed the awful truth, the so-called game is not just biased, in fact... it's not a game... it's... a foot!

IMG_20230927_063735.jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
Trump in civil court today, really to find out the ramifications of the judge's fraud ruling. He issued this powerful statement via twitter.

20231002_140221.jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
Hmmm.... this seems to be saying that the other candidates should all give up and let Trump be the Nominee - and then they should concentrate on trying to cheat in the election so he can win.

Reading between the lines he is fucking worried about his legal problems and desperately begging for a pie-in-the-sky solution.

20231003_072234.jpg

So much for democracy, but why stop there? Why not insist on them just cancelling the election altogether and making Trump president?

IdleRich

IdleRich
As you probably know the judge in the fraud trial already ruled that Trump and co committed fraud like crazy, the documents and facts were so compelling it wasn't even necessary to debate that. There are however six lesser counts to be decided and the small matter of how much he has to pay, plus the question of whether he will be banned from running a business...

Anyway, at the close of play a jubilant Trump announced that the judge was recognising the statute of limitations, which according to Trump meant that eighty percent of the real estate deals were timed out. He gave a statement to that effect yesterday and his moronic minions celebrated like crazy.

Today however the judge pointed out that the fraud relate tod not to the deals themselves but to his recent valuations which were well within time. He had said this before and so the natural assumption was that Trump was lying pointlessly again yesterday - but having watched the speech I honestly don't think so, he seemed truly happy. I think he's really just too thick to understand what's going on.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Lots of Trump news today... on the one hand apparently he's dropped out of the US Forbes 400 i.e he is officially no longer in the 400 richest people in the US.

On the other hand though, some bell-end is apparently about to actually, really nominate Trump as speaker in place of McCarthy. As we know by now - cos they mention it every time there is a vacancy - the speaker doesn't have to be a member of Congress - which does seem kinda weird right? - and so theoretically it could be Trump.

Of course he has no chance of winning the vote and becoming speaker, so what normally happens is; there is a vacancy, some cunt points out that they could nominate Trump and says "imagine the Lib meltdown if Trump became speaker, then they nominate some other slightly better people and vote to decide which of them becomes speaker.

However this time the process goes; McCarthy ousted, some twat points out that they could nominate Trump and says "imagine the Lib meltdown if Trump became speaker, then some even bigger wanker actually officially nominates Trump saying "imagine the Libtards' heads exploding if Trump became speaker, then they vote and select someone more appropriate (ie literally anyone in the world) and Trump refuses to accept he's lost, demands a recount, goes through interminable court cases based on abstruse technicalities, and appeals each defeat, Sydney Powell blames the Dominion machines even though they weren't used, Trump shouts across the chamber at Gaetz "You just need to find me 200 votes" TG and Boebert attack the house with automatic weapons...

IdleRich

IdleRich
Interesting...

Trump lawyer Sidney Powell has cut a plea deal and is expected to plead guilty in Georgia one day before her trial begins.
She has agreed to testify in future proceedings as part of the plea deal.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Oh I meant to mention something that made me laugh the other day. I haven't got the details, but it's related to the civil trial that Trump is facing in NY at the moment. Now Trump in fact does not have to attend that, he has gone in on some days of his own choice, but he and everyone plugged in know that he is free to choose - though of course that ain't gonna stop him milking it.

So a great interview the other day in which Trump went on about how it was really unfair and the case was deliberately being staged to pull him away the campaign trail (even though it definitely doesn't do that in any way) and ultimately affect his chance in the election. So after all that the journalist managed to squeeze in a question saying something like "There is no trial tomorrow so will you be back out there campaigning?" and he just replied "Nah, there's a golf tournament".

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'm reading that now Jenna Ellis and Mark Meadows are taking plea deals to testify against Trump. To be honest it's all got so crazy now that I've lost track of which trial is which and who's saying what where. Anyway it seems like it's all piling up on the fat fool so hopefully he'll burst like a flabby shit-filled balloon sooner rather than later...

IdleRich

IdleRich
Oh the funny thing is Ellis tan a Kickstarter to find her defence, she raised 200k and then pled guilty and trousered the cash. Looks like she did learn something from Trump