Corpsey.

Is anybody watching Tucker Carlson's show on X? It's weirdly compelling. I used to think he was just a buffoon riding the worst instincts of his audience. Now I think he's not a buffoon at all, but one of the most skilled communicators and broadcasters alive. He's creating a world, curating a worldview.
Had you never seen any of his show on fox? And I dont mean that in the 'oh, you didnt know?' sense. I havent seen his show on x but thought the same about the clips I saw of the old one. Its kind of hypnotic, he makes time melt away in ten minute blocks

Corpsey.

And youre right, hes creating. His whole rhetorical style is to incept a thought in his veiwers under the guise of it being their own. He has this way of asking you, 'hey, havent you been thinking this lately?' to which the response is 'you know what, I have been thinkng that.'

craner

Beast of Burden
Had you never seen any of his show on fox? And I dont mean that in the 'oh, you didnt know?' sense. I havent seen his show on x but thought the same about the clips I saw of the old one. Its kind of hypnotic, he makes time melt away in ten minute blocks

I saw clips, usually on Twitter, but not the whole show. You have to get a Sky package to watch Fox in the UK which is quite an expense monthly payment.

Watching those clips he always struck me as reactive, a chancer, a hustler, a fraud. I naively assumed that after losing the Fox platform he would lose a lot of his audience, his profile would erode, he would flail about.

It's turns out he didn't need Fox at all. In fact, losing Fox freed him. He has created the Tuckerverse and everybody has stepped into it.

mixed_biscuits

william kent

Account's a cesspit of antisemitic crap, but this clip of Tucker batting away a bunch of 9/11 truthers is pretty entertaining; says he'll entertain basically any crackpot theory, but it's too far even for him.

Corpsey.

Account's a cesspit of antisemitic crap, but this clip of Tucker batting away a bunch of 9/11 truthers is pretty entertaining; says he'll entertain basically any crackpot theory, but it's too far even for him.

I dont know when this was but at some point he might have changed his mind because I remember it making the rounds when he said 'why cant I say the building 7 collapse was weird on televsion? Why cant I ask about that? '

william kent

It's rough listening to that bloke stumbling over his words attempting to outline the two theories on building 7 whilst Carlson just looks at him.

IdleRich

IdleRich
So the next load of Utterly Embarrassing Cringeworthy Boys are getting sent down for their roles in Jan 6th, I can't help thinking that maybe if they didn't have such a shit name...

One thing with all these indictments and the sentencing and so on that's going down at the moment, you get a load of people saying "indicted for questioning an election" or "ten years for breaking a window" or a while back "fired by journalists for being ambushed with a cake" - and I get that people are seeking to play down the charges and make it look disproportionate and unfair and so on... but it really doesn't work and just makes the person saying it look stupid as fuck, to the extent that they just have been unable to grasp what's going on at all... or else they're just lying.

In fact I tend to think that the idea of writing about these things this way and trying to dismiss them in front of the public was probably created fairly high up in MAGA who understood they were just lying, and they are being repeated by everyone who is pro-Trump. I bet they have a gut feeling it's not really true but they haven't grasped the actual truth - so I reckon my assumption that anyone repeating this bullshit is both super stupid and totally dishonest.