Leo

exactly. that type of tweet is a great way to connect with a portion of voters, it says so much with a simple image and a few words. and in this case, it's probably both deliberate and genuine, since trump has never hidden his love of "common man" food.

he's extremely smart about communications, simple and direct. he dumbs things down, but in an effective way. he connects with and influences more people with a single phrase than progressives do with a 2,000-word explainer or op-ed article.

Leo

Republicans in general have long made fun of elites with their white wine and tofu/quiche.

IdleRich

IdleRich
He's extremely smart about communications, simple and direct. he dumbs things down, but in an effective way. he connects with and influences more people with a single phrase than progressives do with a 2,000-word explainer or op-ed article.
Yeah he definitely has a natural ability for this. Also for speaking to large groups... I've heard he kinda tries various topics and feels what works and then homes in on that.

Leo

Tell people what they want to hear. Doesn't matter if it's untrue, or the opposite of what you said in the past. The number of people you can sway probably far outnumbers the people who catch on.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
exactly. that type of tweet is a great way to connect with a portion of voters, it says so much with a simple image and a few words. and in this case, it's probably both deliberate and genuine, since trump has never hidden his love of "common man" food.

he's extremely smart about communications, simple and direct. he dumbs things down, but in an effective way. he connects with and influences more people with a single phrase than progressives do with a 2,000-word explainer or op-ed article.
This was very memorable:

Rosner-Fast-Food-Trump.jpg

Some wag of course added a 'House of Carbs' logo, though I can't find it now.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Well, theoretically, in the next 24 hours or so we should find out whether this particular rumour is true. I'm gonna say that I don't really expect it to happen. I will of course watch the news avidly all day, desperately pressing refresh looking for something... anything to happen, but more in hope than expectation.

That's the thing with all this. There's so many "stunning" revelations, so much shocking news that means the DA "has to act" and so many differing things that different people insist are just about to happen... but nothing ever does. And even when nothing happens there are those who sat it just means the prosecutors are building an airtight case. But I have a strong suspicion it's actually cos they don't give a fuck and aren't doing anything.

So I would love Trump to get arrested, on the one hand cos he's an evil lying bully and criminal who should be arrested, but equally I just want something exciting and fun to happen and entertain me.

So fingers crossed for reasons right and wrong!

IdleRich

IdleRich
In fact reading this makes me not want to waste time waiting on it

Trump’s post was nothing more than guesswork about when Alvin Bragg might bring charges, sources close to Trump said, after he saw media reporting that the district attorney’s office had contacted the US Secret Service about security in the event of an indictment.

The grand jury in New York hearing evidence in the resurrected 2016 hush money case is now expected to hear from one more witness on Monday, making it unlikely that an arrest would come the following day because it could take additional hours to draft charging papers

craner

Beast of Burden
This was very memorable:

View attachment 14686

Some wag of course added a 'House of Carbs' logo, though I can't find it now.

This was a masterpiece because everyone who sneered at the hamburgers looked like cunts and lots of people remembered why they preferred Trump to these people in the first place.

This and firing a missile at Soleimani were two of his most inspired moments.

craner

Beast of Burden
By the way, I recommend Victor Davis Hanson's book 'The Case for Trump' because it's great, particularly the chapter in which he compares Trump to Achilles, Ajax and Ethan Edwards.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
r3AJ96g4hg9HyIlYcI6Op3RVLjhlsUPO_AOjWxAnBnTfE5P17S96bnSbCp0vW_d7S5cdUB07ZDgN6lDXy7VIX0ibfTS6p_7NWuX4drQC7wR8_fV-RhNxsgOuDtrhClwZI5x1LvBAvr3k58dztRDV-jpOnPXkEA=s0-d-e1-ft
Do you realise how many times I tried to click on this button before I realised it was just a jpeg?

Sad!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You know they'd only have to "chase" him about five paces before he collapsed into a sweaty, panting, blubbery heap.