thirdform

pass the sick bucket
hissing is too theatrical. noone wants theatrical music.

blue is too jaunty.

seagul is the one. the anguish and elegance is all there before it all descends into typical parody.

• Wow
Reactions: sus

shakahislop

there's a terrible joni mitchell song about being in the jungle isn't there. i listened to it about twice about ten years ago and it's scarred. i can remember exactly where i was when i heard it (the spreevald in eastern germany in a sort of canal and forest area). that's how bad it was.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
The most backwards and confused take conceivable. Blue is a windup toy album: lots of 3-minute perfect pop songs. "Paprika Plains" is the opposite of that, it's pure affect and romantic drifting emotion unbound, untethered, unmechanical.

nah, connie francis sang perfect pop songs. this is a wrong opinion. so wrong.

• Haha

sus

Joni Mitchell- Song to a Seagull

record wasnt in good shape. not as good as the second album
Really I feel like there are so many good cuts

"I Had A King"—gorgeous lyrics, gorgeous singing, really intricate musical clockwork fingerpicking

I had a king in a tenement castle / Lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown... He's swept with the broom of contempt... I had a king dressed in drip-dry and paisley / Latеly he's taken to saying "I'm crazy and blind" / He livеs in another time... I can't go back there anymore / You know my keys won't fit the door / You know my thoughts don't fit the man

sus

"Cactus Tree" is such an anthem song for her I think, "...While she was busy being free..."

One of her best melodies, the way it rolls restless earthbound before climbing up like a smoke signal.

sus

"Night in the City" is really strange in the best way, warm-winded evening, so much higher energy than the rest of the record with the wild piano line playing at the upper end of the 88, and her voice is just jumping and plummeting, weaving in and out of itself, it almost sounds Gaelic at points, her throat turns into a pure flute

sus

Her near-falsetto vocal line on the title track is just haunting. "Marcie" didn't strike me at first but it really grew on me, a brooding "Suzanne"-style character portrait sketched out by color theory in miniature ("Reds are sweet and greens are sour... Red is autumn, green is summer... Red is angry, green is jealous")

sus

You're gonna have a good time with Hejira, it's so perfectly moody, nobody has ever so perfected moody like she perfected moody

luka

"Cactus Tree" is such an anthem song for her I think, "...While she was busy being free..."

One of her best melodies, the way it rolls restless earthbound before climbing up like a smoke signal.
this is dire i just puked however, its cool how the boat in the video bobs up and down
no artistry left in the husk at this point, only bad vibes joni

• Haha