Status
Not open for further replies.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
There's a Vice article about a guy putting this on the jukebox over and over in some pub until everyone goes nuts and he gets thrown out. The thought of that opening chord and bassline coming on for the nth time and everyone groaning and swearing is absolutely brilliant.
Jurassic Park but every time there's a dinosaur reveal, The Boys Are Back In Town starts playing:

Leo

the magical thing about the time barrier is it makes all the great music of the past sound shit and all the shit music of the past sound great.

so here i am a bloke in his twenties loving something like wham and absolutely perplexed by rakim from the same time. i'm sure i'm not alone.

it's not poptimist hipsterism. it's not contrarianism. it's a percular function of music that defines itself in relation to the cutting edge; it dates whereas rubbish ages like wine it's tackiness and ham-fisted sentimentality rendered nostalgic and wonderful by the sepia lens of time.

yeah, definitely some things I kind of like now that I hated or just ignored back in the day for that very reason.

sadmanbarty

the most beautiful song of all time. those horns made from the glistening chrome gates of the kingom of heaven.

the kind of person who wouldn't like this song is the kind of person who'd run over their own mother as she went to visit her father's grave

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
As far as I'm aware (correct me if I'm wrong) the greatest religious garage choon is Shut The Door by Todd the Godd Eddwardds.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Bless pop music. Watching 'Pose' is at the moment one of the few things keeping me sane as *that man* tries to infect the whole country - huge swathes of the show are dedicated to the joyous lifegiving thrill of 80s pop, and I can't give higher praise than that.

(It even has some PDPH - Peech Boys' Don't Make Me Wait , Loose Joints....)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.