Status
Not open for further replies.

catalog

yes the town, im sure you recc'd it. spens not gonna like all this shit talking about the prestige. remember welike you spen, just not the prestige.

• Haha
Reactions: sus

version

yes the town, im sure you recc'd it. spens not gonna like all this shit talking about the prestige. remember welike you spen, just not the prestige.
Linebaugh was the one who mentioned The Town and he said it wasn't very good. It was when we were all talking about Boston films. He said the only one that holds up is The Departed.

catalog

yeah i clearly wasn't paying enough attention

Not too long ago I rewatched all of what I called 'target classics' -target being the upscale retail experience; the cultured Walmart. films like goodwill hunting, the social network, the town and etc. The departed was the only one that held up. all the rest were just worse versions of the films I remembered while the departed had a whole new dimension I left previously untapped

version

I quite like Good Will Hunting and The Social Network, but wasn't that fussed about Gone Girl and haven't seen The Town.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I sympathise with not liking Gone Girl because to the untrained eye it looks like a stupid and completely unbelievable thriller.

It's like 'Vertigo' in that respect.

linebaugh

The town is good. Its not as good as the departed as it doesnt have the same transcendent camp but its still a fun film

version

'Good Will Hunting' is a corny classic. 'Mah boy's wicked smaht'.

@version are you seeing how Affleck is being drawn inexorably into the canon?
I am. He's very Dissensus tbh.

Benaffleck_Twitter.jpg

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
For some reason I was driven almost to tears of jealousy when he hooked up with ana des armas lately but now they've split up so I'm team Affleck again.

Status
Not open for further replies.