Artificial intelligence officially gets scary

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
interestingly enough, most of people I know whose job includes more or less writing are just using it daily to rewrite/redact stuff and are pretty happy about it
Yeah same here, EG content writers using it to proof read their work, suggest outlines, etc

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
I tried using it to write Annual Performance Review feedback this year and ended up not using it because the corporate bullshit it generated was too convincing and I didn't want to seem like the person who would actually write it to my manager who is actually fairly sound.

vimothy

yurp
another weird aspect of this is the fact that people are filming themselves crying at the result of a filter and then uploading it to tiktok for other people to gorp at. the performative nature of the whole thing is very strange. its kind of gross and naively endearing at the same time.

catalog

It's totally understandable and completely fine if the video version of oneself becomes optimised. All it does it destabilise hope in technology, the eye, representation.

Cos someone like this guy memo will be along shortly aftetc it gets adopted to pop the balloon and let us know that where it is at is not there.

vimothy

yurp
gen x is the last group that will performatively externalise that kind of angst, future generations wont surface it imo, but it def seems kind of rare and significant

catalog

When you put a headset on, and I knos it's not here yet, but when you do, what you actually look like as a physical person does seem to matter less