woops

is not like other people
But of course there's an infinite number of other Iron Men who aren't dead and could get transported here.

when i was a teenager i was into this marvel comic called x-force and just recently i got a load of issues back out of storage and was disappointed to discover they were totally crap

every other issue there's someone dead on the cover and then the next issue is "the astonishing return of _____"

also the dialogue is cringe tastic and the art is not as good as 13 year old me thought it was

what was i thinking?!

i thought it might be worth selling them but i think i'll just put them in the bin

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The multiverse thing can be fertile (spiderman beyond the spiderverse) but it's also just a convenient way of enabling ANYTHING to happen.

Let's face it, these movies are no The Matrix, the best film ever made

IdleRich

IdleRich
6Corpsey why are you so thick

when i was a teenager i was into this marvel comic called x-force and just recently i got a load of issues back out of storage and was disappointed to discover they were totally crap

every other issue there's someone dead on the cover and then the next issue is "the astonishing return of _____"

also the dialogue is cringe tastic and the art is not as good as 13 year old me thought it was

what was i thinking?!

i thought it might be worth selling them but i think i'll just put them in the bin
This is the problem isn't it? You know what you should do but the money you could make from it temps you to allow this poison back into the culture where it could stultify who knows how many more enquiring minds and bludgeon away more nuance and shade from our world leaving us with yet more simplistic brightly coloured heroes who, like their magazines, die but can always come back to life if there is money in it.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
It's already boring, imo.
As far as the business in show business is concerned, the multiverse is a very accommodating narrative feature, as it allows for boundless retconning and all the other various consequences of the shifting contracts and agreements and IP and whatnot.

Given the context of a multiverse, recastings can be (and have been) canonized into the cinematic universe.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Has anyone been watching The Boys? I was thinking of starting a thread about it. I'm up to S3 now. It's kind of a trashy show (in a comic-book style) but very entertaining and Homelander (character and actor) makes it very worth watching.

I've been pretty jaded re: marvel stuff lately and The Boys is refreshing in portraying superheroes as a positively fascistic fantasy, but funnily enough in S3EP1 there's a parody of a MCU/DC film which actually made me want to watch the Avengers again.

forclosure

Has anyone been watching The Boys? I was thinking of starting a thread about it. I'm up to S3 now. It's kind of a trashy show (in a comic-book style) but very entertaining and Homelander (character and actor) makes it very worth watching.

I've been pretty jaded re: marvel stuff lately and The Boys is refreshing in portraying superheroes as a positively fascistic fantasy, but funnily enough in S3EP1 there's a parody of a MCU/DC film which actually made me want to watch the Avengers again.
have you ever read any Garth Ennis? cause all his stuff has that kind of trashiness to them, all that stuff about the fascism embedded in superheroes isn't anything new Watchmen of course is the obvious one but there's Pat Mills' Marshall Law which i think is really good.

especially because Mills was somebody who didn't grow up with superheroes which for some might seem unthinkable, its interesting how it goes from being really venomous to just kinda ambivalent about them this is what they are people blame them and not who or what came before them in order to be that way.

forclosure

met Pat Mills as a signing for his autobio few years ago, nice man alot more upbeat and engaged than you would've assumed considering how cynical his stuff tends to be