craner

Beast of Burden
No I haven’t. Funnily enough a CD got stuck in my car stereo last Thursday so I have had to buy a new stereo, and have to wait until Sunday for Halfords to put it in. As I commute every day to work, an hour each way, and the radio stations in South Wales are appallingly bad, it is agony.

The CD that got stuck was Coltrane’s Crescent.

craner

Beast of Burden
Having perused Barty’s favourite albums I think we might get on a lot better than I realised.

craner

Beast of Burden
It played for a while until I tried various internet-recommended methods of extracting stuck CDs, the fatal one being injecting a credit card with double sided sticky tape. So then I had some sticky tape stuck in the stereo as well as the CD, which obviously then didn’t play.

Halfords said go to Kwik Fit they’ll get it out. Kwik Fit said fuck off, go to Halfords. So I went to my local garage and they said they could get it out but it will only happen again, go to Halfords.

luka

Barty feels as much of a kinship with you as he does with me. He burns with a deep passion for politics. The really boring stuff. You're a role model for him but you're never around. Never take the time to engage. Deadbeat dad. Always drunk or away.

version

It played for a while until I tried various internet-recommended methods of extracting stuck CDs, the fatal one being injecting a credit card with double sided sticky tape. So then I had some sticky tape stuck in the stereo as well as the CD, which obviously then didn’t play.

Please tell me you did all this whilst driving.

luka

When did this happen? What?

Barry found out you were coming to London months in advance. We were so excited. We booked time off work. Cancelled appointments. You promised you'd meet us but then you ignored all calls and emails and just ate loads of trifle with Fat Jim at Borough Market. Total rejection.

Last edited:

craner

Beast of Burden
We rang you and you demanded our presence in Greenwich for no reason, and which was miles away, did not mention Barty or anyone was there with you, and then had the humph when we negotiated a compromise.

Anyway, let’s not bicker about this, we have got over it, I hope.

luka

We've got over it but you asked to be reminded of what it was, which was that.

version

I'm picturing Craner hurtling down the motorway, hand stuck in CD player as Coltrane's Crescent blares out, business papers flying out the window and scattering across the road, credit card covered in tape in his mouth.

Reactions: RWY

craner

Beast of Burden
It’s how it happened, until I pulled into the Port Talbot Tesco car park for everybody’s safety.