craner

Beast of Burden
Day 1. Tune 1.

This is how I learned to love the whole wide world. My wanderlust started here. The exotic idea of a vegimite sandwich. The lovely exotic sounds. I was sent to another world, or continent. One filled with great white sharks, snakes in bed, strange sporting rituals and Annalise from ‘Neighbours’. How could I turn back.

craner

Beast of Burden
Day 2. Tune 2.

Is it Wednesday yet?

This is how I learned to dance and yet remain a rugged Welsh blue collar worker capable of pulling a pre-Friends Courtney Cox. Thanks, Bruce!

luka

So Craner is welsh?

I thought he just lived there.

Yes and no. Mostly no. But he was born and raised there. Welsh isn't really an identity. It's like being from Basingstoke. Plus his dad is English. A member of the minor aristocracy.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I think of him as a semi-posh Englishman, from the home counties. Somebody I can relate to.

He has the sort of hair that only comes through selective interbreeding.

Reactions: RWY

luka

This is the level of banter we have to stay on. We must walk this razors edge. We've just won his trust again. Welcomed him back to the bosom of the family. We have to be gentle. We can't risk scaring him off again. This is a group project.

luka

So Craner is welsh?

I thought he just lived there.

Remember a few days ago Droid described the Welsh as "the ragged, scattered traces of a craven, lickspittle, defeated, slavish race. Without pride, without heart, without faith. Not worthy of the title Men, without the honesty, and vigour of beasts"

Last edited:

luka

We have to be very aware of boundaries and not transgress them. Follow my lead. Tread carefully.

luka

Remember a few days ago Droid described the Welsh as "the ragged, scattered traces of a craven, lickspittle, defeated, slavish race. Without pride, without heart, without faith. Not worthy of the title Men, without the honesty, strength and vigour of beasts"

"No Welsh mother" he continued "can look her son in the eye, for shame that she has bred and raised a Coward."

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Craner: Cousin, of many men
I do not bear these crossings. Give me leave
To tell you once again that at my birth
The front of heaven was full of fiery shapes,
The goats ran from the mountains, and the herds
Were strangely clamorous to the frighted fields.
These signs have mark'd me extraordinary;
And all the courses of my life do show
I am not in the roll of common men.
Where is he living, clipp'd in with the sea
That chides the banks of England, Scotland, Wales,
Which calls me pupil, or hath read to me?
And bring him out that is but woman's son
Can trace me in the tedious ways of art
And hold me pace in deep experiments.