Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i agree, the netherlands is a culinary wasteland, but nobody is forced to eat baked beans on toast here 🤢
I honestly don't understand how anyone can dislike beans on toast. Sure, it's not the height of luxury, but part of its appeal lies in its proletarian simplicity, no? It's savoury, filling, nourishing... what's not to like?

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
I honestly don't understand how anyone can dislike beans on toast. Sure, it's not the height of luxury, but part of its appeal lies in its proletarian simplicity, no? It's savoury, filling, nourishing... what's not to like?
well yeh i would also eat it maybe if my choice would be between the baked beans and starvation, but you can buy any sort of food you want nowadays. why is it anyway that the british love the baked bean so much?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
well yeh i would also eat it maybe if my choice would be between the baked beans and starvation, but you can buy any sort of food you want nowadays. why is it anyway that the british love the baked bean so much?
Because they're tasty? I dunno, I can't really justify it any further than that.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I dunno. But genuinely, joking aside I absolutely love em. Not all the time but every now and again it's the perfect dish; tasty, filling, healthy and easy to jazz up with spices etc

In fairness I dig black beans, kidney beans, butter beans etc all good ways to bulk out your chilli or whatever. Beans as a whole are underappreciated now I come to think of it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
@yyaldrin

What do you make of this? A true British banquet.

picture-of-the-food-from-my-uncles-21st-birthday-v0-1wjmmkns0s3b1.jpg

The king's banquet in yellow

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I dunno. But genuinely, joking aside I absolutely love em. Not all the time but every now and again it's the perfect dish; tasty, filling, healthy and easy to jazz up with spices etc
Yes, they're infinitely pimpable, which is another attraction.

droid

Indian recipes of the year in no particular order:

This is a peppery, rich Punjabi chana masala. I added a touch of jaggery and some extra dry fenugreek leaves to balance out the flavours. If you don't want your head blown off by pepper spice, halve the amount of black peppercorns in the dry masala. I tried it with yoghurt and with tomato instead of yoghurt, and I think the tomato version edges it slightly. A combination of both would probably be worth a go.

droid

Kundapur chicken ghee roast:

This is an amazing, sweet, spicy, tangy, buttery south Indian dish. Ive cooked a lot of ghee roast recipes, but this is probably the simplest one that still gives good results - with a slight alteration. Before you begin the recipe, fry 3 sprigs of curry leaves in ghee for a few minutes, reserve half for garnish and leave half in the pan and then saute 1.5 medium onions (I puree them for a smooth texture) for about 10-15 mins before you continue with the recipe. Things to be careful of is the number of dried chillies in the dry masala - its easy to make it too spicy. As always, you also need to be careful with tamarind concentrate, its very easy to use too much. You will need to taste this a fair few times towards the end to ensure the right balance of spice, jaggery, tamarind and salt.

droid

Raj Kachori, the king of kachoris:

This is a bit tricky, but worth doing once. The hardest bit is getting the kachori to fluff up in the oil. I leave out the black salt, because, frankly, it smells like farts.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Massive fuck off king prawns marinade with coconut milk and ground coriander stir fried

Curry leaves, mustard oil, turmeric, ground coriander, paprika, scotch bonnet, fenugreek, cloves, cardamoms, cumin, add garlic ginger and onions tomato purée bay leaves, brown it add a squidge of tomato ketchup and lob in prawns (washed and pre dried)

veg stir fry on next burner, add to prawns, add rest of coconut milk marinade, simmer 5 mins tops, serve and feast…swap the coconut milk for yoghurt if you want to tone down

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
If one more cunt witters on about air fryers, let’s be honest the perfect smokescreen to getting rinsed by everyone else, I’m going to deep-fry their fuckin air fryers right in front of their fuckin faces