yeah they stress the dangers of rice when you do your food safety certificates. on the other hand if it was that dangerous half of asia would already be dead.
You can get food poisoning from leftover rice, even if it's well reheated. Something to do with if it's left out for awhile before it goes in the frig, bacteria forms and a few minutes in the microwave or in a pan doesn't kill it.
my dad had been a chef and always reminicsed about it so, lacking any career aspirations of my own, i thought i'd just follow him. i can't remember how long i lasted, maybe 3 weeks or so.