version

We need to bring this one back. Inject some joy and regularity into the forum. I had brown bread, chicken soup and four spoonfuls of a mango papaya passion fruit Onken biopot.

LN_421937_BP_11.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Lobster roll and rosé, in celebration of our 15th anniversary.
Nice! I do love a bit of seafood. Last night we had scallops followed by monkfish, both heavy on the galangal, in honour of it being... uh... Wednesday.

Reactions: Leo

wektor

premature dessert - coffee cream and menthol rollup
followed by a variety of roman pizza - ham and scamorza, ricotta with mushrooms and chicory, aubergine and parmesan, scamorza with olives and cherry tomatoes.
an italian pils and a glass of sparkling wine to chase

Leo

premature dessert - coffee cream and menthol rollup
followed by a variety of roman pizza - ham and scamorza, ricotta with mushrooms and chicory, aubergine and parmesan, scamorza with olives and cherry tomatoes.
an italian pils and a glass of sparkling wine to chase

Why the dessert first, wektor? I couldn't do that order. Once I eat sweet, I can't go back to savory.

version

Why the dessert first, wektor? I couldn't do that order. Once I eat sweet, I can't go back to savory.

I can't speak for wektor, but some people swear by it when trying to cut down on sweet things and not overeat. Apparently there's something about sweet foods which makes you want to eat so if you eat them first and get fired up then you've got a nice, filling savory meal up next and won't want to eat after that whereas if you go sweet second then you're more likely to go back for more.

Leo

I can't speak for wektor, but some people swear by it when trying to cut down on sweet things and not overeat. Apparently there's something about sweet foods which makes you want to eat so if you eat them first and get fired up then you've got a nice, filling savory meal up next and won't want to eat after that whereas if you go sweet second then you're more likely to go back for more.

I could see eating sweet first as a way to cut down on the amount I eat for dinner, since sweet quells my appetite. It's why appetizers in restaurants are savory and not sweet, as sweet would put people off their entree.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
A pizza from Lidl that I pimped up with some extra parmesan and a handful of the vast amount of dried mushrooms I still have left over from last year.