version

I had some mashed potato, some breadcrumb covered chicken breast thing, carrots, broccoli, gravy, a fruits of the forest yoghurt and a banana.

luka

Good English meal that. Proud of you. The fruits of the forest yoghurt is a nice touch.

Leo

fusilli with homemade pesto and sliced fresh baby tomato last night (apologies again for the delay). me and the wife are kind of busy right now, so might resort to ordering Japanese takeaway from the restaurant down the block (standard order: edamame, shrimp shumai, spicy salmon roll and shrimp tempura roll).

IdleRich

IdleRich
Glad I influenced someone in something at least.
Anyway, seems like today's dinner is gonna be dourado with taters and green beans, maybe some spinach. Also there is a new French supermarket near us so we bought some foie gras and sauternes to have later.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It is cruel I know.... but so tasty. We bought a goose one (13 euros for 130g) and a duck one (9 euros for same). But yeah, is it more cruel than factory farming of thousands of chicken in cages etc? I guess the problem is that the overfeeding thing is an intrinsic part of the pate whereas it would be possible to eat chicken without factory farming them. I dunno, it's a moral maze.... but in Villa Franca down the road they have bullfighting and my girlfriend is keen to go and check one out.

version

I wouldn't want to watch a bull fight. I'd feel like I was surrounded by psychopaths. I don't even like zoos. It's like one of those moments when you're at a party and suddenly feel completely detached and almost float over the whole thing like a big eyeball just observing people before snapping out of it again, looking at all these people you feel completely disconnected from doing their odd behaviours.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Probably true yeah, I dunno. I mean they have these big events with food and traditional booze etc but when you get down to it who wants to watch the actual bull thing? Apart from everything else looks quite boring. Anyway the season has finished for the year so I'm not gonna think about it until next spring when she starts going on about it again.