IdleRich

IdleRich
I realised our local supermarket has pig cheeks for sale so bought a load of them to recreate that dish from the other day. They sell all the other parts too, might have a crack at balls next week. Then foot or ear, whole head is a bit daunting.

20191125_154508.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'm sure I've seen a photo of a meat counter somewhere, possibly Poland, that featured actual pig ringpieces for sale.

Naturally I'm not particularly willing to do a google image search to see if I can find this photo again.

version

Bourdain ate something's rectum on one of his shows, also sausages with the faeces left in for 'flavour'.

IdleRich

IdleRich
There is a rumour that, as battered pig ring pieces are indistinguishable from squid rings, they are often used as a cheaper substitute in unscrupulous restaurants.
You are supposed to taste a tang of urine in kidneys aren't you?

version

I quite like that one of the most "foodie" shows in recent years has been Hannibal. You've got these stunning cooking scenes and dishes, but it's all made with human tongues and stuff.

Leo

my facebook feed has been inundated lately with short cooking videos, 2-3 minutes long, usually some southeast asian street food vendor who whips up something amazing. sometimes it's from a test kitchen. I assume new videos keep coming because I keep watching them. best things about facebook.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Away from the bumholes for a moment; I got home from footie to find teriyaki salmon with an Asian peanut and chilli and sesame oil salad waiting for me. The dessert was bread and butter pudding.

20191125_234007.jpg

Hmm, it's close but not exactly what I had in mind. This was the actual outside of the bumhole, all puckered like.

Good googling effort, though.

I wonder if HMG has a nice recipe for these?

I've heard that rumour about calamari - if it's labelled "seafood style", it's not squid, it's battered barking spider.

The arse-flavoured sausage is called andouillette