luka

I had three packets of seagrams crisps one ready salted one salt and vinegar one cheese and onion and I had a big plate of spaghetti

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Our turn to go full ponce today - went to a newish and very hyped places called Vanderlyle in Cambridge for a borderline unjustifiably spendy blowout and tbh almost everything about it was magical. Even the salad was fucking amazing. I didn't take pictures of food because I was busy not being That Guy, but here's the menu. The list of salad ingredients is slightly damp because we put a glass of fucking Tokaj down on it or something.

menu.jpg

Not gonna lie though, even after that I'm slightly jealous of Rich's tacos...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Reckon Tokaj is gonna be the next big wine trend because of the His Dark Material TV adaptation.

Leo

it's thanksgiving, so of course we're having a big-ass turkey with stuffing and cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie. not really dinner, 2:00 pm sit down. there's cowboys-lions football to watch before then, while the women toil away in the kitchen.

American enough for you?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
it's thanksgiving, so of course we're having a big-ass turkey with stuffing and cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie.

hyphen.jpg

DannyL

Wild Horses
I made a chickpea and chorizo stew for my buddy Pettri. Pretty simple - onions, garlic, chorizo, toms, water reduce, chickpeas at the end, season, add parsely. Delish.
And he brought round an apple pie.

IdleRich

IdleRich
We just cooking something kinda similsr Dan; a hearty stew/casserole thing with chickpeas, bacon, pork, taters, peppers, chilli, garlic, leeks etc etc Early days yet but looks promising so far...

20191128_213833.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Tuesday night we just polished off the pie, which was nice but I've already described it. Last night was a bit of an experiment: I defrosted some of the excellent chili con carne we had in the freezer courtesy of some recent visitors and baked it in the oven with tortilla chips underneath it and loads of mature cheddar on top. Of course the moisture from the chili turned the chips into mush, so while tasty, it wasn't really what I'd wanted to make.

This evening I had another crack at it, by simply heating the remaining chili in the microwave then grilling it with cheese on top while warming the tortilla chips in the oven, then finally combining them at the last minute when serving them. Garnish of coriander with sour cream and guacamole on the side. This was actually really fucking delicious, highly recommended.

chili1.jpg

chili2.jpg

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I also made a dessert today, having found some blackberries in the freezer from a few months back. It's apple and blackberry crumble, with a mix of eating and cooking apples, heavy on the cinnamon and nutmeg, and with crystallized ginger in the topping. Fuck me, it was good. Opted to have it with clotted cream, although we've also got brandy butter in the fridge.

Bit of a cheat as I served it for elevenses. Might have some with brandy butter for breakfast tomorrow.

crumble.jpg

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Nice.

We had a fairly basic stir fry - noodles, red onion, french beans, smoked tofu with garlic, chilli, ginger etc.

luka

Happy thanksgiving Leo they might mock us for being old but we should be proud of making it this far.