version

I mean money's fleeting, but there are some things I feel guilty about spending it on and anything other than the bare minimum when it comes to food is one of them. A sandwich from the fridge in the supermarket feels like an indulgence when I could just put some peanut butter on a slice of bread and fold it in half.

luka

I mean money's fleeting, but there are some things I feel guilty about spending it on and anything other than the bare minimum when it comes to food is one of them. A sandwich from the fridge in the supermarket feels like an indulgence when I could just put some peanut butter on a slice of bread and fold it in half.

Yeah that's a very northern thing that.

luka

Thing is I'm not totally convinced that it's not cheaper to eat out every night if you live alone. If you're by yourself even with the best will in the world you'll feel like you throw out more food than you eat.

luka

I can't get through the smallest bottle of milk before it goes bad so Ive had to stop buying it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Parasol mushrooms coated in batter of eggs, parmesan, parsley and breadcrumbs then fried in olive oil.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
what i noticed is that the more you work, let's say full-time, the less time you have to cook for yourself and the more you have to spend on ordering food or eating in restaurants - which will cost you so much money that it makes more sense to work a day less and cook for yourself. this is why i find it utterly depressing to order food, or eat in some bistro, or even to go to the gym after work because eating and exercising come in naturally if only you had a normal bit of free time.

Leo

version, sell some of your Autechre records and treat yourself to a nice grilled salmon or pork chop.

luka

Chips, curry sauce and mayonaisse with grated cheese on top. Pickled egg on the side. You could get that for under a fiver probably

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
what i noticed is that the more you work, let's say full-time, the less time you have to cook for yourself and the more you have to spend on ordering food or eating in restaurants - which will cost you so much money that it makes more sense to work a day less and cook for yourself. this is why i find it utterly depressing to order food, or eat in some bistro, or even to go to the gym after work because eating and exercising come in naturally if only you had a normal bit of free time.

That might be region dependent. A lot of people I know from southern europe will take time to whip up something even if its simple and quick rather than order in. Have always respected them for that.