version

Try this one. There's a bit more to work with as there's a vid too.

Continuing Gamble’s pursuit of a modern ambient zeitgeist - as in the dictionary sense, relating to both immediate surroundings and forms of advertising, as well as an extension of ‘90s ambient techno (weirdo dance musick) - ‘Exhaust’ expands his current album cycle album with an incisive exploration of “the three stages of the Semioblitz - the aggressive onslaught of visual and sonic stimuli of contemporary cities and virtual spaces.” Parsing the shrapnel of everyday ephemera, both physical and emulated, via reconstituted memories of original ‘90s rave - jungle, techno, avant electronics - and modernist updates of trancehall and deco-dance styles, Gamble acts as a fleshy conduit for an intense, restless flux of ideas perhaps relatable to anyone who lives in a big city or indeed the modern world, including its viral parallels.

Working within a style he’s developed over the past decade, in a transition from pure computer musique of his 2009 debut LP to the deconstructed jungle of ‘Diversions 1994-1996’ and the concept-driven ‘Mnestic Pressure’, his current sound consolidates all that came before it in a super lucid yet fluidly mercurial style that distinguishes him from the crowd and speaks to his close personal relationship with UK dance music and avant electronics.

Throughout the 8 tracks of ‘Exhaust’ Gamble pulls myriad aspects of real and virtual worlds into buckled chromatic reflections and polymetric rhythms that describe and suppose a hypermodernist sense of chaos and digitally-divined immanence with shamanistic vision. Between the introductory detonation of ‘CREAM’, with its synth voice flogging Paco Rabanne, to the way he clearly evokes the eye-flickering intensity of data overload in the rushing jungle snares and head-spinning doppler revs of ‘Saccades’, the album typically finds a brilliant tension between making you dance and spanking your grey matter, resulting in a strong highlight in the rug-pulling rave madness of ‘Glue’, a pitching footwork zinger in ‘Naja’, and 2050AD ghetto styles in ‘Shards.’

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
give me a second and I'll hook up the harddrive for that bibberkapf one. ecologies it's called. its advertised as eco grime but it's not really that anymore, and it's surprisingly very oppressive, which is why i kind of like it.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
I spent a good chunk of the thread trying to discuss the form itself in addition to rather than only its sociological trappings, so let's do that

you do have to except, as I did long ago, that people here just really don't care about some of the things you're passionate about

in my case that mostly means guitars, especially heavy guitars. in your case, hard pummeling acid/gabba etc and fractal noise (or whatever, you know what I mean).

IRL it's often cool to tt about something they're really passionate about that you're not into at all, but doesn't work on a message board

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Your thirding yourself here. What has conspiracy got to do with it?

I'm introducing the verb to third into the lexicon from here on.

1+-1=0-3, so thirding is a great verb.

Conspiracy has a lot to do with it. You seem to intuitively know who did the tag, claiming that you'll be sorry for me. given that none of us apart from sufi knows, how did you draw that inference?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
listen on bandcamp.

the titles themselves don't really tell you anything, you really have to follow the *artist* but I'm of the school of Marc E Smith when it comes to this.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
also for real, can you guys fucking knock it off, please

take it to the PMs or whatever medium isn't here

yeah I'm done. check my bandcamp link. found the thing I was talking about. One thing that is interesting is how east european governments are big into this stuff, much more than like UK or whatever. this one from Lithuania. why's that? same with Poland and Unsound. it seems to be a left leaning festival though I don't really think a festival can be didactically political - I'd argue that implicit politics of disco is more radical in the longterm.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I'm happy this is all out in the open. I disagree with padraig. not taking this to dm. he'll have to live with it. the mods can decide who to sanction, but I'm not playing memory hole delete messages olympics. in future it will force people not to overproject onto the whole forum, myself included, though not in this instance.