yyaldrin's conceptronica album

kumar

Mate these are really sick! And there’s loads! if you are going to rebrand along these lines make sure to describe your YouTube channel as a site of resistance , maybe throw in a mining allegory to describe the way you use samples, call the tracks under 2 minutes “interstices” or if that is played out then maybe draw out the spiritual allusions to the word channel instead. Critical or transcendent it’s your choice

This one!!!

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
i hardly make music any more. the process is so boring. sitting behind a laptop for hours only to have 1 or 2 minutes of music as a result. i do like it though that i have uploaded so much over the years, even small bits, i feel directly transported to the place and time of making them. mostly late at night, drunk and high after a night in the pub.

i'll see if i can make a little selection of some favourites. this one is quite old but remains one of my favourites i think. the combination of visuals and audio is perfect i think. it really does feel and sound like drowning to me.

sadmanbarty

the music is very much a dutch reimagining of london music. unmistakably dutch- astoundingly dutch- but clearly uk influenced.

you could tie it into the uk leaving europe.

call it 'fragments from a european london'.

you could even get eu supergirl to do a feature.

luka

Bartys been moaning about how boring making computer music is a lot recently too.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
As a drummer who likes to improvise, having to sit through the motions to get even basic stuff going as yyaldrin said, is so painful. Hands on, on the fly, reacting to the unpredictable is where I feel most at home. Computers are the polar opposite. Maybe I should find a collab partner. To jam with.

It's exactly the same with writing, I can express myself so much easier in real time vs having to calculatedly plan out what I want to say. It's like 0.0001x speed. And then I read it back and smh :rolleyes:

Need to be in the moment

jorge

can relate to that when it comes to clicking in notes to the grid, but i can recommend trying some more interesting sequencing plugins if you havent already, opens things up a bit and allows for lots of happy accidents

Spirals in reaktor is great, an endless stream of constantly shifting melodies based on maths and it looks lovely

Adlais - additive sequencer with lots of cool things http://k-teck.co.uk/adlais

strokes- made by the guy from cong burn records, not tried it but looks ace, based on jaki liebezeits book on drumming apparently, euclidean rythms n all that

tunes sound good yyaldrin! sorry to hijack your thread with sequencer reviews

version

I switched from Windows to Linux recently and my music software doesn't work on it, but then I remembered that I never make music anyway. I get very bored with working 'in the box' too, it can start to feel like assembling the same jigsaw puzzle over and over.

version

I dunno. I've only ever worked with software. It became completely draining for the reasons mentioned though. There's a barrier there when you're clicking around with a mouse and drawing things in. It's very static.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Ever tweaked the knobs of a hardware synth as a sequence is running? With certain synths you can do it for hours with the same simple sequence and not get bored. Others listening to you may do, but it can really take you away. I've got a 24 knob midi controller which would be perfect for assigning to a software synth for the same thing but somehow actually having it nicely laid out and the word cutoff or resonance underneath the knob makes a difference. Daft but true. However, those pro 1 and prophet 5 emulations from u-he can have a similar effect on me even just using a mouse. I guess it's sound plus interface that does it. And the u-he guy really nailed it with those two. Anyway, sorry yyald! Derailing again