Anxiety.

It isn't bad advice actually - identify and personify the anxiety - recognise it as an entity, fear itself and then laugh at it, whatever mate - c'mon then kill me! fack off. that can and does work

My cousin was having panic attacks and advised him similar, conceive of the fear as an entity and invite it for a fight, mon then!!!!!

luka

thats one thing ive always said about writing it can help you externalise these demons and go one on one with them and smash their faces in inside that demarcated arena

version

you should never ever think of yourself as insignificant you are the only thing of significance. nothing has significance outside of its relationship to you. you are the centre of all things.
That's how you end up at the other end of the anxiety spectrum and start thinking everyone's plotting against you.

version

Yeah. I had an intrusive thought that my mate who'd invited me over could be planning to kill me then it snowballed until I actually got really anxious about it and wasn't sure if I wanted to go round.

I did end up going round in the end and he obviously didn't kill me, but for a while it seemed like a very real possibility.

version

A lot of things strike me as threatening and, unfortunately, if you've ever dealt with, say, the DWP or come across a particularly nasty person then that feeling can be completely validated.

Yes belfast! Other useful tools for speaking directly to acute anxiety ‘and wha?’ and ‘who gives a fuck’ anxious thoughts are often deeply narcissistic. Contrary to Luke’s (admirable) megalomania it’s sometimes important to remind yourself that nobody gives a fuck, in a good way. And then ‘and wha’ is a good frame for undermining the worst case scenario thinking

luka

A lot of things strike me as threatening and, unfortunately, if you've ever dealt with, say, the DWP or come across a particularly nasty person then that feeling can be completely validated.
the entire machinery of that beaurucracy focusing in on you, like some mechanical arm with a big magnifying lens on it pick you out, go from being invisible to caught in the spotlight

forclosure

yknow i'm surprised it was never ever talked about in here but Drakeo the Ruler's name for his style of rap was "nervous music"

read into that what you want