luka

He waits to see how a comment will land and if there's a bad reaction he says only joking.

He genuinely despises you.

luka

He told me in a DM you were responsible for the "Ricky Gervais-isation" of dissensus.

mvuent

Void Dweller

IT’S THE BACKWARDS RIDDIM!! yeah we can hear that m8.

there’s really nothing to focus on except how his flow plays off the 1 bar clap pattern. its a form of minimalism strangely comparable to basic channel or newbuild: music stripped down to two or three hypnotic, mantra-like patterns that never quite lock together. there’s even a similar kind attention to detail where you don’t expect it: the claps aren’t always backwards like they’re promised to be by the title. of course here it’s all aggression, not murky futurism.

a ghost crashes into the song world at 2:00

mvuent

Void Dweller

a beat assembled out of plastic pistons. those aren’t gunshots and explosions—more like cardboard cutouts symbolizing those things that are taped to the structure where they fit; hard not to hear deconstructed club sample pack aesthetics.

mvuent

Void Dweller

very surreal to see these guys appearing in an early 2000s insurance commercial. tim and eric aesthetics, especially with the grunting.

mvuent

Void Dweller

the riff passed between the bass and strings spells doom. both sounds are great, really expressive. not anger or panic, just a feeling of violence hanging in the air.

low res claustrophobia.

i’m know i’m still not saying anything about the emceeing but its totally necessary, even as good as the beat is.

mvuent

Void Dweller

Devon Wiltshire
4 years ago
Americans will never fully understand what its like to grow up on grime and garage, their opinions are irrelevant

need to find this guy and challenge him to a duel, 1v1, at some point while i’m in the uk.

mvuent

Void Dweller

ethereal menace. the kind of contradictory yet perfectly vivid emotion you get in dreams. looking up at the sky at a moment or situation where you shouldn’t be doing that.

mvuent

Void Dweller

gooey, viscous horn section.

a lot of pauses on the beat, like a boxer feinting to see if their opponent flinches.

mvuent

Void Dweller

good dubstep. just kidding—but it’s dark in a stylish way that’s not a million miles away from what dubstep was going for. but there’s fidgety, bouncy, weight-shifted-on-the-balls-of-your-feet quality here that’s very different from the upright march of that music, and even of some of the other stuff in this playlist. dred bass?

mvuent

Void Dweller

a dance track but made out of rusty, sharp, metal.

drifts briefy into gentler territory @4:06

the kinetic clatter of 90s nuum music still present at this point, yet to be replaced by the piston and cardboard cutout aesthetic i associate more specifically with grime

mvuent

Void Dweller

reminded of the fog of war thing again—specifically how “bad” quality recording creates a sense of distance. so there’s this extremely excited, up close and personal energy—yet you’re removed from it. like a movie where the main character hears something important going on in another room but the camera stays outside. it’s a very strange feeling. doesn’t have much to do with grime specifically but it’s just impossible for me to ignore.

luka

a beat assembled out of plastic pistons. those aren’t gunshots and explosions—more like cardboard cutouts symbolizing those things that are taped to the structure where they fit; hard not to hear deconstructed club sample pack aesthetics.

Really weird playlist he made for you at first glance but actually expresses the spirit of the movement very well