IdleRich

IdleRich
I mean HERE in Portugal.
Like yesterday my girlfriend put up a question about postal deliveries in Portugal and someone replied. "It can take a long time if the delivery is from somewhere that's out of the EU. Like the UK" and (as I mentioned elsewhere), check out the list of players they put up for football on Monday

1 - Dias
2 - Cabrita
3 - Gustavo
4 - Duarte
5 - Matias
6 - Filipe
7 - Canoilas
8 - Pedro
9 - Rios
10 - Henriques
11 - Boni
12 - Naper
13 - Richard (non-EU citizen)
14 - Xico
15 - Sebastião
I think these are hate crimes.

john eden

male pale and stale
Then if some of them get "told you so" type messages on Twitter and you're not around to dry their eyes and give them a cuddle, they may just have to "suck it up", to coin a phrase.

So your question was actually “when is it ok to blame people on Twitter?”

droid

There was a study published the other day that found that people who live in PR systems have a much greater faith in democratic systems then those who live in FPTP states. I dont think its any coincidence that the countries which have the most problems with disastrous, reactionary policies and governments are those which offer the least fair systems of representation. Combine these systems with large, right wing media monopolies and you have a recipe for a continuing, ongoing death spiral of politics.

There's so many inputs that went into the Brexit debacle. Toxic media, years of bad governance, austerity, alienation, appaling party politics, incompetence, interference, outright cheating and deceit.. but the even these excesses can be ameliorated by a more equitable franchise. We've been through a ton of that shit as well, but Im happy to say that it looks like we may be on the verge of electing the first left wing govt in the history of the state with not a single right wing candidate coming close to getting voted in. PR is a major factor in that.

luka

Culture wars are harder with PR I was thinking this the other day. New Zealand is PR, but also they don't have Murdoch shoving filth down their throats,

luka

It's been the only game in town for the last two days. I think it's Eden's best ever performance. All his life has been leading up to this moment.

luka

You know in the comics when an adult puts his hand on the foreheads of two angry children to hold them at arms length? And they're flailing away with their tiny fists but they can't reach him cos they're too short?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Culture wars are harder with PR I was thinking this the other day. New Zealand is PR, but also they don't have Murdoch shoving filth down their throats,
So Murdoch doesn't take an interest in NZ? That's interesting.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I kinda thought proximity might fight against that. Just that he would have sort of casually conquered it on his way from Australia to the US without needing to pause.

luka

I actually think this is a coming out moment for Eden. Like his debutants ball. I've never seen him so fluent and confident. He's at ease with himself. He's witty. He's dashing. He's tireless. He's debonair. He's a whole new man. I'm absolutely loving it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
We shouldn't even be talking about Brexit as an ongoing process anyway

“Brexit is completed. So do not use the term ‘Brexit’, save as a historical event that took place on 31 January 2020”. It then advises “use ‘transition period’ not ‘implementation period’.”