IdleRich

IdleRich
Frightening stuff I think (especially the day after the press thing), hope they can't get away with it... but I bet they will.

version

It's pretty fascinating being able to see language manipulated like that. How many times have the goalposts been shifted now? It's all simultaneously meaningful and utterly meaningless.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Sorry I know this ties in to what you were saying about No Deal metamorphosing into "The Australian Option" or whatever they're calling it. I should have acknowledged that.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Presumably you, of all people, are familiar with the concept of false consciousness?

So you're a Stalinist then Dom. well done mate, you've just outed yourself without us needing to.

noone on the anti-stalinist/anti-trot left believes in 'false consciousness' that's a crude reduction.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I think I prefer if it people get angry with being cheated and that provides an energy for change... didn't you just say the same thing? Which is why I find it so weird that you advocate general anger and resistance but when there is a huge right-wing takeover involving Russian money, dodgy elections, loss of rights and so on you're completely blase and happy to sweep it under the carpet. I don't understand the contradiction in your position. Produce well-thought out and valid criticism of almost every that happens - and then when something absolutely massive and inarguably wrong comes along you just go "oh well". I really truly find your thinking on this... bizarre, disingenuous to the point of dis-honesty I'm afraid. I mean, I know you, I know you're not dishonest but that's what I'm getting from this debate.

really this is all it comes down to doesn't it? fascism is built into the English psyche (not saying you are a fash btw.) It's just that the only argument that remainers have left is the big bad russians. otherwise since when have the tories been honest about labour? It's also why you get tthe daily mail mouthing on about the Chinese and Saudi oligarches buying up the property of the hard working British man. Maybe a scandalous trick i pulled there, but have a word with yerself.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
"dodgy elections, loss of rights and so on"

these didn't happen before 2016 right? no you're just letting your unreconstructed russophobia out here.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I don't see that you quite managed to pull the trick you think you did I'm afraid.

oh I certainly did. you go on about dark Russian money and how Trump was influenced by it all you like but it isn't Trump who is going to be laughing, it will be the U.S. proconsul to Provincia Britannia, err, I mean, U.S. ambassador to the U.K who will be setting our terms of suzerainty. no big deal for me because I didn't think the russians were more or less genocidal than the Yanks.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I do hate Russians, I admit that. But I think that this was a particularly dodgy election with numerous - basically undisputed - irregularities even if you forget about those evil caviar-munchers.
Yes there have been other dodgy elections but very few of them have a) been proven to be so dodgy and b) have been so important and have such long-lasting effects. Forgive me if I get more worked up about the Brexit Referendum than I do about the famously controversial Kingston Bagpuize 1973 By-election (and there was no Russian involvement there so who cares anyway?).

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
you're so pathetic mate. you're literally trying to tell us which white people are more preferable, the EU or the US ruling class. it's embarrassingly funny.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I do hate Russians, I admit that. But I think that this was a particularly dodgy election with numerous - basically undisputed - irregularities even if you forget about those evil caviar-munchers.
Yes there have been other dodgy elections but very few of them have a) been proven to be so dodgy and b) have been so important and have such long-lasting effects. Forgive me if I get more worked up about the Brexit Referendum than I do about the famously controversial Kingston Bagpuize 1973 By-election (and there was no Russian involvement there so who cares anyway?).

probably a good idea to hate France then, just for good anti-imperialist cred.

IdleRich

IdleRich
you're so pathetic mate. you're literally trying to tell us which white people are more preferable, the EU or the US ruling class. it's embarrassingly funny.
When did I literally do that? Can you point it out for me cos it slipped my mind.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
yeah that's like my dealer who kept telling me which way and that to go back in the day to pick up some gak and billy whizz and i eventually fucked him off cos i gave him a location and if he was subtle about it he'd never be caught, might even give him a few empty envelopes to avoid suspician. but no they all want to get arrested, idiots. so you'll have to figure this one out on your own.

sadmanbarty

i find it very reassuring before with patty and now with rich where they're living these seemingly idyllic lives- in brazzilian rain forests, in bhuddist retreats, in portugal- and yet like me they also choose to spend their evenings getting abused on dissensus by thirdform.

it makes me feel like i'm doing the right thing with my life.