IdleRich

IdleRich
The only bit I would disagree with is about the EU exit campaigns in other countries... I think by fucking up the leaving process (or, more charitably, showing how difficult it is) the UK leadership has killed a lot of that stone dead. The Tories have done the EU an accidental big favour there I think. Also, they must have been hoping to drive a wedge between EU countries and pick them off one by one but so far (as said before, things can change) the evidence is that the opposite is happening.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yeah, I think among EU leaders only Orban (unsurprisingly) has been positive about Brexit.

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
But not just the leaders, the people, hence that 96 percent in favour of remaining in France the other day.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Of course Orban has a problem with the EU cos it keeps criticising his regime, its human rights record etc Not that reassuring that he thinks Brexit is a good idea.

comelately

Wild Horses
Of course Orban has a problem with the EU cos it keeps criticising his regime, its human rights record etc Not that reassuring that he thinks Brexit is a good idea.

It's all just posturing and everybody in Hungary knows it.

There's a lot of Hungarians in Slovakia, who vote in Hungarian elections despite never having lived there (they vote for Orban mostly, he gave them the vote as I understand it) - I'm not saying the Hungary-Slovakian border is like the Irish Border exactly...but y'know...a little bit.

comelately

Wild Horses
Treaty of Trianon 1920, similar to Treaty of Versailles but distinct. Fucked things up in the region pretty bad and created grievances that still linger.

comelately

Wild Horses
Apparently the Sinn Fein surge in the Ireland that isn't part of the UK is all about domestic politics has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit, but it still feels in at least some sense like a new development in the B-word story.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Politics is boring, no point talking about it.

I love how you vacillate between this sort of "Politics is but the scurrying of ants before the feet of immortal Zeus to a soul as enlightened and refined as mine" attitude, and... getting really, really stuck into politics discussions.

Crazed, frothing rants that end "Kill them all", the whole caboodle.