Status
Not open for further replies.

mixed_biscuits

A pack of cookies in the supermarket with a misprinted best before that's out by a day would be pulled from circulation whereas a vaccine administered only thanks to doctored data gets a free pass from @Mr. Tea

If dodgy data is fine, why have any regulation at all? Just have the pharmaceutical company dole it out on the street corner.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You seem to think I'm defending Pfizer here, when I'm not. If they, or a contractor they used, may be guilty of malpractice then they should be investigated. I'm just not going to go along with your moronic, reactionary "all vaccines are therefore both ineffective and harmful" narrative, especially when all you've got in terms of "data" is an anecdotal observation that a woman is in a wheelchair for some reason.

mixed_biscuits

You seem to think I'm defending Pfizer here, when I'm not. If they, or a contractor they used, may be guilty of malpractice then they should be investigated. I'm just not going to go along with your moronic, reactionary "all vaccines are therefore both ineffective and harmful" narrative, especially when all you've got in terms of "data" is an anecdotal observation that a woman is in a wheelchair for some reason.
Well, I haven't said that ever, but good attempt at deflection.

The point was that her adverse outcome was not recorded - you know, the whole thing about dodgy data you linked to.

mixed_biscuits

It's blatantly obvious that if billions of dollars are up for grabs and historically incompetent and/or corrupt companies are given leeway to develop and release product with no liability under extreme time pressure, major mistakes will be made.

But no, you preferred to virtue-signal by parroting the cringeworthy tRuST tHe ScIEnCe mantra.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Yes, that's why I had the flu vaxx a couple of years ago. Unbelievable strawmanning

You mean you didn't just trust your natural immunity? For shame!

This just makes your position even less tenable, though, doesn't it? What's so special about the vaccines for this particular disease? The malpractices alleged against the contractor used by Pfizer are mainly things like leaving records lying around where trial participants could (potentially) have seen them, thus (potentially) unblinding the trial, and some basic points of laboratory procedure. That's less than ideal, but you've launched straight from that into a fantasy scenario where loads of people have been horribly harmed by the vaccines, which the companies then supposedly covered up, when there's no evidence of that at all.

It's like going straight from "the NSA was caught napping by the 9/11 attacks" to "therefore George Bush had the towers packed with dynamite."

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Concerning in what context other than Covid and a concern for whom exactly? Pro-athletes?

It’s called athletic heart syndrome fwiw. My guess certain heart syndromes, their effects and presentations are being reported and documented far more as the years pass. Sprinkle with anti-vax conjecture question mark, stir and leave to rest

Nothing in that article (a Reddit post) states otherwise. It’s 99.99999% spurious correlating. Stuff like this just feeds into the negative feedback loop. A friend collapsed and died playing five-a-side aged 33. Undiagnosed heart defect, happens every day

version

Well, an unusual number of people collapsing from heart problems is concerning in any context, isn't it? "Unusual" being the key word.

Also, it's a Reddit post because the original article's in German and someone posted an English translation. I'm not just posting some random from Reddit.

version

It’s called athletic heart syndrome fwiw. My guess certain heart syndromes, their effects and presentations are being reported and documented far more as the years pass.
This is specifically about people collapsing though. It's not as though it was just ignored if a player collapsed in the past and we're only recently bothering to report it. Everyone knows something's wrong if a person collapses, so to have an unusual number of people collapsing seems notable and less to do with increasing awareness and more to do with more people collapsing.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
Well, an unusual number of people collapsing from heart problems is concerning in any context, isn't it? "Unusual" being the key word.

Nothing in the article actually demonstrates that this is an unusual number of people, though. In fact it mostly seems to suggest that this is just a thing that's happened at a given rate since the year dot.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Not that I'm saying all footballers are drug monsters or anything, and (presumably) this has nothing to do with the very young players getting ill, but cocaine is apparently pretty harsh on the heart.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen

Also, it's a Reddit post because the original article's in German and someone posted an English translation. I'm not just posting some random from Reddit.

You may as well be, concerning being the key word

One of my best mates at school collapsed and died from a cardiac arrest aged 34. Undiagnosed heart condition. Ex-Forest youth player, surreally fit. Gone. Same condition as Terry Yorath’s son

This is specifically about people collapsing though. It's not as though it was just ignored if a player collapsed in the past and we're only recently bothering to report it. Everyone knows something's wrong if a person collapses, so to have an unusual number of people collapsing seems notable and less to do with increasing awareness and more to do with more people collapsing.

No. The reporting coverage has expanded since Muambe. What strikes you as unusual is a widely cast list of incidents across an entire continent. There’s zero follow up. Endurance athletes and heart conditions have an ever increasing relationship evidence base, just lob those terms into google, voila

I enjoy your posts @version but you overplay the concern troll at times. Anyway, 17 pages y’all

wild greens

Pretty sure I've posted about it in here before but the heart issues in football are more likely to be do with stimulants than anything else. Backpage football has been on about it for years among several others

Etc

It is an interesting, murky topic and it would be a shame if ends up a nonsense covid conspiracy issue rather than discussing the reality.

mixed_biscuits

Also y'all falling over yourselves not to be called [playground insult] or be associated with [bogeymen] - not going to lead to objectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.