Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleRich

IdleRich
One theory is that it crashed because bitcoins were used as massively-leveraged (100x) collateral on certain exchanges (Bitmex mainly). There were margin calls and BTC positions were liquidated as a result. It crashed horribly but then soared a few hours ago on USA "infinite QE" news. I think it'll come out of all this looking good and more valuable than ever.
That - a rise - would have been my prediction from the start. I haven't been following it properly but for some reason I got a text from Revolut or something a few days ago and another today both informing me that Bitcoin was falling drastically, I haven't actually looked at how it's moving in real time so I could be way behind the curve. I mean I do have some Bitcoin - almost seventeen dollars worth - but I'm not really invested in its price.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Testing in US (from CNBC)

Diagnostics company Cepheid on Saturday said it has received emergency authorization from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to use its rapid molecular test for point-of-care patients that can detect the virus that causes COVID-19 in 45 minutes.

[...]

Cepheid said tests will begin to ship on Friday, March 27 with plans to roll it out by Monday, March 30.

[...]

The test, called SAR-CoV-2 Xpert Xpress, was developed by Cepheid, a Sunnyvale, California, company was designed to detect SARS-CoV-2, the virus that is causing COVID-19.

Cepheid uses a testing machine called GeneXpert that can run a full test in 45 minutes. There are currently more than 23,000 automated GeneXpert systems worldwide, with nearly 5,000 of them in the U.S., Cepheid said in a statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.