DannyL

Wild Horses
I've heard On Deck before but had forget about it, it's funny, when did it come out? Sounds like he's trying to cash in on Pop Smoke's style, very similar.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Other
I've heard On Deck before but had forget about it, it's funny, when did it come out? Sounds like he's trying to cash in on Pop Smoke's style, very similar.
other way round? Sounds like Pop nicked the rrrrrrrr from him

luka

a lot of people in the uk thought pop smoke was an abra impersonator early on. could be true, no idea.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Wasn't his producer from Ilford or something? If he was tuned into the UK like that, seems very likely to me

wild greens

I think Krept & Konan's issue is that they're actually the generation before and thus the style still has a lot of grime into road rap hangovers

The general ambience has changed so they're really in their third iteration by the time they get to drill

They have settled into it a bit more now, the one from this year is cool enough but it does feel like when grime mcs were suddenly road rappers etc as opposed to being "part of" what's going on. Who knows, these are all on labels now anyway so nothing is as natural as the street link up tunes

DannyL

Wild Horses
The video is insane. Proper use "every tool on the palette" Pen & Pixel energy. I guess that can happen when its totally uncommercial.

DannyL

Wild Horses
K koke looks the spit of an ageing Irish bloke on my estate. Maybe I should start following him to check it's not actually him. Secret drill detective work.