Musicians who are also artists, writers, painters, publishers etc

catalog

There is something arch and sly about it yes. I do quite like how sure of himself and his gags he is. That sort of formidable confidence

catalog

The book is quite wanna read is great apes, which is his takedown of Virginia woolf and thed bloomsburies

luka

apes og god or soemthing? i started that years ago but got bogged down. i'd like another crack at it. ive got the first of the human age trilogy lying around which is highly regarded.

catalog

Basically he was really fucked off with them that they stole his moment in the sun. I think thats his problem actually. Vorticism was fresh and exciting but then he'd got jaded I think and went all fascisty. Started worrying about them rather than focusing on his own shit.

catalog

There's a lesson there for everyone, you can't be bitter about other people's undeserved success, it's like drinking poison and waiting for them to die (as David puttnam once said)

version

Basically he was really fucked off with them that they stole his moment in the sun. I think thats his problem actually. Vorticism was fresh and exciting but then he'd got jaded I think and went all fascisty. Started worrying about them rather than focusing on his own shit.
Like Hitler with his paintings.

catalog

Yes. The failed artist (failed by the world, then you believe it) becomes a fascist. Its a standard story. Bolano all over this subject, he must've seen it in his mates.

luka

we need to bully catalog out of his 1990s indie boy slacker personna. its holding him back.

version

Corpsey needs to read Gravity's Rainbow. Patty and Catalog need to read Beckett. Vimothy needs to read Spengler. Craner needs to become a troll.

catalog

i've been meaning to read beckett for about 20 years. i think my mate recommended watt or molly, one of those, ages ago. but i was put off a bit by the bleakness i saw in the films and plays. but having said that, i did see a good play of his fairly recently, happy day, really enjoyed that.