Musicians who are also artists, writers, painters, publishers etc

version

170203-Paul-Nuttall-PA.jpg

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
had a quick look on boomkat and this caught my eye:

"Outta-nowhere DIY blinder from YOUTH; the sprawling debut album by Manchester-based painter, artist, DJ/producer Richard Harris aka Sockethead, recorded in a caravan on the Scottish West Coast and sweeping from fractal jungle to outsider folk and bruised, squashed soul music, think something like John Bender via Actress and into a Jandek/Robert Wyatt jam, highly recommended if u were feeling similarly singular Northwest tangents from FUMU, Turinn, G.H."

i've never heard of him but it's quite good so far.

catalog

return to zero are FUCKING BRILLIANT seen them at white hotel a few times, very funny almost ivor cutleresque vibe to some of what they do. dunno much about sockethead but check FUMU and i think they got a load of NTS shows which are good shit. THey are manc scamps in vein of all the best, i rate them, have done for time

catalog

And this one

Last 2 tunes are classics

• WONDER, KANO
    What Have You Done (Vocal Mix)
  • DIZZEE RASCAL, D DOUBLE E
    Give U More
And they preface them with hieroglyphic being. Awesome djs, really into them

catalog

I'm listening to sockethead again just now, really enjoying it.

Number 9 'all my days are dark as night' has some good thump, and the lyric is funny,

"I'm gonna jump off a bridge...
Into the big abyss"

And there's an overlay much more nasal voice drawling "fuck it".

@yyaldrin i been trying to find some of their art but can't, so if you see any, let me know please.

catalog

Jah wobble is on bandcamp daily.

Using scraps of sound from the original tapes, Wobble created music to accompany long walks around his neighborhood. “At the time, I would test drive the tracks while walking up the canal,” says Wobble. “I found the post-industrial malaise of that area of East London along the Lea Valley really atmospheric—a bit David Lynch.”