The Weather.

Leo

alas, again too warm for snow. just an overcast day with rain, reminding Shaka of the motherland.

shakahislop

on the plus side, spring is just round the corner. the winter here never seems too bad to me, much eaisier to deal with than the english one at least

Leo

Positive spin! February is still winter, March can be pretty blustery, and plenty of April opening day games at Yankee Stadium are still times for glove-wearing. although point taken, I haven't worn gloves or a scarf once so far this winter, only a couple of days with a hat.

shakahislop

fucking freezing isn't it leo and the nyc lads, i'm nearly got my balls froze off yesterday. sky is beautiful though

Leo

fucking freezing isn't it leo and the nyc lads, i'm nearly got my balls froze off yesterday. sky is beautiful though

Came here to tag you with the ol' "cold enough for ya?" but you beat me to it. the wind chill is killer, real-feel well below zero in the afternoon/overnight, was 9 degrees with real-feel of -5 this morning. but hold tight: 45 tomorrow, low 50s later in the week.

this planet is so fucked.

Leo

layers, with thermal underwear (long johns) a must. Gus must have plenty of experience with Wisconsin winter temps. lose lots of body heat through feet and head, so warm socks/boots and a hat required.

Leo

Best is actually one of those duffle coats with fur-lined hood, protects both head and neck and minimizes expose skin.

shakahislop

Came here to tag you with the ol' "cold enough for ya?" but you beat me to it. the wind chill is killer, real-feel well below zero in the afternoon/overnight, was 9 degrees with real-feel of -5 this morning. but hold tight: 45 tomorrow, low 50s later in the week.

this planet is so fucked.
it was class this morning, no one about, bright blue sky, the roads are doing that kind of white thing where they've been gritted, everyone bundled up. i got some pizza and it was steaming on the paper plate in the slice shop, it was getting cold within like a minute. everything is a bit calmer.

i was in ray's pizza on st marks briefly and some glam geezer had a fluffy little dog that was fussing over some girl, pawing at her dangling scarf, very charming scene, everyone happy, and then it lifted up its leg and pissed on her a little bit

shakahislop

probably over the coming years everyone is going to have a moment when they realized in a very concrete way that climate change is in progress, a real thing that we are going to experience rather than an abstract one. i think that's today for me. it's 18 degrees celcius in mid-February, bright blue sky, almost warm enough to sunbathe, t-shirt weather probably (not that i've been outside yet today).