luka

Doing a programming course hoping you beat the cull is not intelligence, it's craven and cowardly and only recommends you for a place against the wall and the firing squad

constant escape

winter withered, warm
But what do you want ? What's the end game? What are you aiming at?
I want to better calibrate the world historical spirit to the rhythm of the cosmos, I suppose. Or at least enough of the world historical spirit. In the interest of ensuring our passage onward.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Doing a programming course hoping you beat the cull is not intelligence, it's craven and cowardly and only recommends you for a place against the wall and the firing squad
Yeah I wouldn't say its intelligence, but I would say its the kind of reading-the-room that neoliberalism strives for, no? Taking steps toward the forefront, and thus pushing the standards further.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Part of the task, yeah. What I refer to as the braking mechanism. In the distribution of interpretations, some need to be yay and others need to be nay, and the optimal balance (not that it is binary) depends on the situation.

luka

We have to resist. We have to pull the thing in another direction. We have our own needs and desires and ideals and visions

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Well I do think it is possible to be more in touch with the net direction, rather than each perspective being equally arbitrary.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
But to perhaps push the metaphor too far, there will be some ants who happen to be moving more in alignment with the net direction.

luka

Sure, sure. Some take to programming naturally. In olden days some were natural knights comfortable with, uh, riding a horse, carrying a lance.

To quote me, the secret of survival is this, make yourself useful