Educate Spendy on the ghost of Dissensus past

woops

is not like other people
i now think we should hand this entire thread over to @mvuent . he's an expert no arguing with that. or at least do one of those 100 tunes threads (the one where i stalled at 52, effectively getting stuck on virgil)

luka

It's not bullying! People start believing I'm actually sitting behind them with a peashooter and a Dennis the Menace catapult whenever this idea takes hold!

luka

I have to push against it for my own safety and well being. Nobody tried to answer the question which is what do we do as a group when people turn up trampling the noble ideals of the group and threatening group cohesion by posting terrible indie music?

luka

do we want to be a free for all where you can spout any old political or moral or aesthetic opinion no matter how ugly or reactionary without any pushback or pisstaking? I think these questions are interesting and important.

luka

In a sense dissensus doesn't stand for anything, it's just whatever the people posting make of it at any given time and there are periods of equilibrium and ceasefire, and there are periods where fighting breaks out

luka

Obviously I think dissensus should be hostile towards indie music and laugh at anyone who posts it. But if all of you lot got into Bodega there would be nothing I could do about it except cry.

luka

It does open up interesting questions whenever someone turns up here with opinions and tastes which are out of step with the general mass. It doesn't happen all that often because the nature of the place means it tends to only attract like minded people.

You’ve got the balance right. You’ve maintained cohesion, sprinkled some shame but also left the door open and now someone is asking to know more, the American wants to know about grime. Well done.

luka

You’ve got the balance right. You’ve maintained cohesion, sprinkled some shame but also left the door open and now someone is asking to know more, the American wants to know about grime. Well done.

I appreciate the vote of confidence Shiels! Can't wait till Gus, I mean, Suspended Reason buys an Avirex leather and an Akademiks tracksuit

luka

catalog as someone with indie sympathies what do you think about the in-groups responsibility to break people and make them fit the mould even if it is against their will and achieved with extreme violence?

i want us to strike the right balance and that means getting feedbackl from dissidents and discontents of all stripes and shades of opinion