Educate Spendy on the ghost of Dissensus past

sus

do we want to be a free for all where you can spout any old political or moral or aesthetic opinion no matter how ugly or reactionary without any pushback or pisstaking? I think these questions are interesting and important.

sus

I wont' say which of version's I like because I can't be sure I'm not having one pulled over on me

luka

keep an open mind and next time you take drugs revist them. and as i say, listen to the music in its original context where possible.

luka

there's very little point in skimmming youtubes in a defensive mindset from my experience. but having some familiarity with the recent history of popular music is worthwhile in itself even if you ultimately decide you don't 'like' it.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
mvuent is a Serious Character, to use an Ezra Poundism, and most people aren't so unless you've got the moral fibre, the energy, the intellectual ambition and integrity mvuent's got you're probably not going to do what he did but i do think it's helpful to get some sense of chronology and also a sense of how the music was consumed at the time. so less time grazing on youtubes of individual songs untethered from context and more with the mixes from the time, from pirate radio and from rave tape packs. avoid all modern retrospective mixes.

modern retrospective mixes for the elite, like myself.

sus

I like the radio shows cuz they break up all the beeping and booping with british accents, all "yeh? gunna be a biggun, dinnit"

sus

there's very little point in skimmming youtubes in a defensive mindset from my experience. but having some familiarity with the recent history of popular music is worthwhile in itself even if you ultimately decide you don't 'like' it.

I'm not defensive, I'm giving you shit!

luka

I like the radio shows cuz they break up all the beeping and booping with british accents, all "yeh? gunna be a biggun, dinnit"

that makes it a lot better yeah. listening to other people listening and enjoying enchances our own understanding and enjoyment.

luka

and obviously there's lots of stuff written by reynolds eshun fisher etc which can enhance your understanding and enjoyment in other ways

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
at elite level you don't even need radio shows and talking, unless it's garage and grime. just brain scrambling sonix.