Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
not watched dune but his remake of blade runner is one of the most boring films I've ever seen, like a music vid that lasts for three hours
Yeah, I found it very stylish but ultimately quite empty. Not a patch on the original.

william_kent

not even stylish except in an aftershave advert way. quite vulgar stylistically.
I went to see Inception with my mother when it was released. She paid for the VIP seats at the back, with extra leg room. Within 30 seconds of the film starting when Leonardo pumpkin head is chatting to some Japanese guy I was thinking "this is shit, can we just leave?" but my mum had shelled out money so I sat and hated every second of what looked like a three hour perfume advert

worst film ever

version

I liked the Blade Runner sequel, not as much the original but thought it was fine and looked and sounded great.

version

I recently saw someone arguing for Sicario as some sort of continuation of Blood Meridian, Americans butchering their way around the US-Mexico border.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
not even stylish except in an aftershave advert way. quite vulgar stylistically.
Isn't stylishness always to some extent vulgar?

Anyway, I agree with version about it looking and sounding good. But there wasn't much else going on.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Has it led to a reappraisal of Lynch's version, do you think? I have a soft spot for it, despite it being pretty much unintelligible, just because it's so weird. Lynch was so embarrassed by it that it's credited to 'Alan Smithee' in some releases.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Can anyone recommend any books similar to and as good/nearly as good as 'Dune'?

I want to buy my mate a book and 'Dune' is one of the few novels he's into

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I quite liked the first one in the cinema but I feel so little inclination to rewatch it and I think it's that joylessness

There's no sense of camaraderie between characters and wanting to spend time with them, as there is in LOTR and MACTFSOTW

maxi

I quite liked the first one in the cinema but I feel so little inclination to rewatch it and I think it's that joylessness

There's no sense of camaraderie between characters and wanting to spend time with them, as there is in LOTR and MACTFSOTW
one of the most boring cinema experiences I've had probably. and I went to the 4D version with moving seats and fog and water in your face and stuff