luka

brilliant film anyway, 9 out of 10. ending is a bit unsatisfying. you want to see the holy war and the deaths of billions.

luka

its really funny how modern films are so rigidly colour coded like, this world bad, all is black and grey

luka

i dont understand how the fremen get off the worms. clearly the film makers didnt either since we never see it happening.

luka

when the book was written i guess americans hadn't discovered their passion for fighting in deserts so it wouldn't have had all the same resonances.

luka

its great when the doors of christopher walkens sanctum are breached and theres a cloud of dust and the sardaukar are standing there to protect crhistopher walken, then the dust clears and theres no sardaukar there just timothee chalmet and his jihadis striding forwards.

luka

theres also some stabs at humour which is a terrible idea. you have to totally commit to pomposity in a film like this, dont undermine it. no giggling.

luka

next brilliant film will be kingdom of the planet of the apes. no point going to the cinema till that comes out.

luka

i kept thinking i'd seen it before. i think that must come from having seen l,ynch's version/

luka

• Sietch orgy (or sietch tau orgy) – Fremen ritual of unrestrained sexual indulgence which takes place after a Reverend Mother shares the changed Water of Life with her community.[4]

luka

Sexual talents​

The Bene Gesserit are notable for their extensive skill in seduction, sex and sexual imprinting. The most talented and most highly trained are known as Imprinters. Men in a position of power or future power, or those with specific qualities that the order wishes to incorporate into their breeding program, are typical targets of a Bene Gesserit imprinter. Men seduced by an imprinter are permanently affected (imprinted) by the intense sexual experience and are thereafter consciously or subconsciously favorable to the Sisterhood. An imprinter can be successfully resisted if the subject has been psychologically pre-conditioned to do so, and the subject's automatic defensive response may even be entirely subconscious.

luka

and they must be able to guide them otherwise Paul just gets off the worm and hes fucking miles from his mates and has to spend days trudging back and maybe he can't even find them any more

william_kent

and they must be able to guide them otherwise Paul just gets off the worm and hes fucking miles from his mates and has to spend days trudging back and maybe he can't even find them any more

did they not show them using "maker hooks"?