Hipsterdom

Simon silverdollarcircle

But Miller High Life is largely built around the hipster identity, right? Look at those ads.

As for drinking in general, I think the hipster thing has definitely expanded beer, even gin more recently, no? Artisan gin, gin tastings. I'm all about it. Diversity among spirits.

I'm even for the far-out and fruity beers. I'll try almost anything, and enjoy it.
Have you tried carling black label?

luka

Have hipsters made drinking better or worse?

I'm undecided. But I think if we were going to ascribe anything of lasting value to the reign of the hipster, it'd be most likely to come from their work on drinking

this is a question which agonises me. partly i think we just fell prey to a canny marketing operation. ive switched from bottles of beer to prosecco and neat spirits.

luka

i like prosecco, brandy, jamesons. i like bloody marys. sometimes i like a fizzy lager. i like cocktails.

luka

ok then. this was a big breakthrough cocktail night for me and woops we were aiming to drink everything on the menu.

Simon silverdollarcircle

This makes sense to me. If you're going to drink, drink to get drunk. I have never understood those "just a small glass of white wine" types who spend 2 hour sipping a single glass. I want to hug them and tell them it's ok if they don't like drinking they don't need to do it, you don't need to pretend.

luka

This makes sense to me. If you're going to drink, drink to get drunk. I have never understood those "just a small glass of white wine" types who spend 2 hour sipping a single glass. I want to hug them and tell them it's ok if they don't like drinking they don't need to do it, you don't need to pretend.

@Corpsey
call me big papa

Do you want a fucking fight cos I'll scrape your face off you six foot cunt

Simon silverdollarcircle

That was in reply to wash your hands injunction to down pints of whiskey