padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
Walk me through that one?
it's not hard

polling projections have Biden as an overwhelming favorite. yeah, 2016, but the difference is so great the margin of error would need to be much higher.

betting odds are tighter but they still have him as roughly a 2-to-1 favorite

he's ahead in basically every swing state

Trump has completely and disastrously mismanaged COVID

he hasn't made any gains outside his base, which isn't enough to win a presidential election on its own

padraig (u.s.)

I'm less optimistic than droid - or rather, a stronger believer in the power of cheating and SC fiat

but a Biden win is still the most likely outcome

a peaceful transfer of power is another thing altogether

padraig (u.s.)

HMG, who apparently thinks Biden will be much worse than Trump because it's the Democrats and their BLM chums who are causing all the racism, etc. etc
lol @HMGovt just dropped a response calling BLM one of the biggest promoters of racial division ever then deleted it

presumably because even he knows its absolute nonsense, for a country that had slavery, Jim Crow, the KKK, etc ad inf

the temerity of hmg's ignorant bullshit (which I more than half suspect is just trolling) is pretty impressive

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
[QUOTE="HMGovt, post: 502908, ]

Wind your neck in, who the fuck do you think you are?
[/QUOTE]
I daresay he thinks he's an American.

padraig (u.s.)

Wind your neck in, who the fuck do you think you are?
idk, someone who's not simultaneously tremendously ignorant and tremendously arrogant about American history and American politics

and yeah I know which political party put Jim Crow laws in place in Southern states

it's almost like you want to pretend it's not the same party that lost the South by signing the Civil Rights Act into effect

*oh I see you edited it to say respectfully disagree. in that case tack a similarly perfunctory "respectfully" onto my response.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I don't know. Maybe the Americans are enjoying the novelty of not being dragged into pointless wars and peace breaking out in the middle east. That probably never gets old.
Ah yes, Trump the Peacemaker! Who nearly started a war with Iran less than a year ago, notched up more civilian deaths from drone strikes in a few months than Obama did in eight years, and gets visibly excited when talking about nuclear weapons.

And who will also stand up to China, unlike Wimpy Joe. But in a really peaceful, non-confrontational way.

padraig (u.s.)

Ah yes, Trump the Peacemaker!
just like GW Bush the peacemaker, the guy who actually dragged America into all those pointless wars

Obama, of course, avoided getting into more Middle East wars in re Syria, to much criticism about softness and red lines

(Trump of course, talked a big game, launched some pointless ego-stroking missile strikes, then moved on to the next issue to tweet about)

but really, every single American president since 1900ish has attacked or bombed somebody somewhere

it's not that Democrats are peaceable, it's that Trump isn't any different from any of his predecessors

he does like rattling the saber more than most

version

On the topic of Trump and the Middle-East, I think we need to take into account that he launched more drone strikes in his first two years than Obama did in eight and that last year he revoked the rule stating the CIA had to release summaries.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Come on, man! He's had 4 decades of mediocrity, it wouldn't be a surprise. Plus, he's a proper old school democrat racist, as well as a Chinese placeman.
This is the sort of argument that I don't understand at all. Biden probably is and certainly was racist - but Trump is clearly much more racist.
I get that people like "hot takes" but trying to raise Biden's possibly somewhat slowed mental faculties as somehow being worse than those of the guy who is addicted to adderall, slurs his words, thinks that US won Vietnam, can't walk properly, seems to be suffering from some kind of strangelove syndrome with one hand out of his control and who keeps shitting his nappies on tv is really weird.
Or pointing out that Biden once saw Epstein when there are loads of videos of Trump chewing his ear off with lip-readers reporting that he was saying "Hey Jeffrey, why don't we get loads of under age girls and rape them on the plane on our way to the sex dungeon on your island where we can get really freaky."
I mean right now the only thing stopping Trump from trying to rape his daughter is cos she's too old, his dick don't work and he's too busy thinking something extremely racist and, in turn, the only thing stopping him coming out with that is he's too busy concentrating on remembering how to walk in a straight line to try opening his mouth.
I mean there must be some arguments for Trump I suppose but when someone raises these points I being to wonder if they are secretly for Biden. I mean, with the best medical treatment he might four more years... alive, possibly in some sort of (more) vegetative state.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I don't know. Maybe the Americans are enjoying the novelty of not being dragged into pointless wars and peace breaking out in the middle east. That probably never gets old.
I reckon they might like it even more if his peace hadn't killed more people than all the wars since WW2 though.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It's gonna be a decisive Biden win.
Yeah. It's very simple. He's so far ahead in the polls and in the important states that he can't lose unless the polls have found some magical new way to be wrong that no-one has even discovered before. Or they find a new way to cheat.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah I completely agree with Droid and Padraig here.
Four years ago (with some random bits of help) Trump caused an upset and everyone is saying "he can do that again".
But, let's put it in terms of a two-leg football match, four years ago Trump was in the position of being one nil down after the first leg and he faced the second leg away against an opponent who was perceived to be stronger. He scraped a 2 - 1 and won the tie on away goals. It was very suprising
This year he's 18-0 after the first leg and his two best players who got the goals last time are both unable to play (one got covid, the other had a stroke). The come back last time does not mean he can come from this.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
We're clearly tuned into different realities, there's little point arguing. Use a search engine other than Google, maybe duckduckgo, and type "Biden racist"

Voilà
Ok, I watched about half of this. Some of it is pretty damn weak, e.g. recordings of him talking about "the blacks" long before it became standard to say "Aftican-American". Some of it is more damning, but then, I don't think anyone here has claimed Biden is perfectly non-racist.

A small "greatest hits" list of Trump's racism includes:

Paying for a full-page newspaper ad calling for the death penalty for five black and Hispanic teenagers who'd been wrongfully convicted of raping a white woman,
Branding Mexican immigrants "rapists",
Describing neo-Nazis as "very fine people" and later telling them to "stand by" in the build-up to the present election,
Retweeting rants by Katie Hopkins about Britain's "Muslim problem" - to which she has proposed a "final solution",
And having his lawyers and election officials actively engaged in voter suppression on a scale outrageous even for a Republican incumbent, with districts with large black populations being specifically targeted.

But of course, it's actually BLM who are stoking up the racism, right?

Your attempt to implicate Google in some sinister conspiracy to suppress information about Joe Biden is frankly hilarious.