The Teaching Machine.

DLaurent

Don't get angry with me. The CIA killed loads of people. Including Fidel Castro on the night of Thomas Mair's sentencing.

DLaurent

The link there was a mail online headline about Nigel Farage holding a bunch of Ferrero Roche at the top of a spiral staircase on that night. I googled Carol Reed's Fallen Angel for the spiral staircase reference. Clicked on Graham Greene, and boom Fidel Castro is dead the next day.

I am mentally ill though. Oh I forgot the Ferrero Roche headline was there because I listened to the song 'Popcorn' as the previous headline was Mair's trial. it looks like inflated popcorn...

sus

Avicii died the day after I typed a comment "A lot of police are massive clubbers" on a Mail Online article. Not being facetious although it is morbid. I have 3 years of daily 'synchronicities'.
This seems like the place for you! We love synchronicities!

sus

When I did a DDOS attack on GCHQ, only a very basic one on their contact form, Mac Miller died of an overdose the next day. I'm not saying it was another assassination but I had just googled Hackintosh and my life followed that pattern for several years. Gaslighted by someone.
This was the main thing I was asking about, just wanted to confirm that you DDOS'd GCHQ lmfao, that's amazing.

sus

> I'm sure that you can rationalize that, when you have someone screaming in your face and telling you what an idiot you are that you know it's part of training, part of a game almost. But it still has an impact.
> Doesn't feel like a game. I was able to intellectualize it, say he's doing that for a reason, it's stage craft, it's theater, but your legs are shaking and adrenaline is coursing through your body and it doesn't feel like a game.

Nate Frick, of SImon & Burns' Generation Kill fame, on basic training (CSPAN interview)

luka

I was able to intellectualize it, say he's doing that for a reason, it's stage craft, it's theater, but your legs are shaking and adrenaline is coursing through your body and it doesn't feel like a game.
this seperation lifting out of the body and hovering above is an interesting and troubling thing. we're forced into learning the technique and its a magical power but its maybe a bit bad in some ways

sus

Were it possible that a human creature could grow up to manhood in some solitary place . . . he could no more think of his own character . . . than of the beauty or deformity of his own face. . . . Bring him into society, and he is immediately provided with the mirror which he wanted before. . . . all his own passions will immediately become the causes of new passions. He will observe that mankind approve of some of them, and are disgusted by others. He will be elevated in the one case, and cast down in the other his desires and aversions, his joys and sorrows, will now often become the causes of new desires and new aversions, new joys and new sorrows: they will now, therefore, interest him deeply, and often call upon his most attentive consideration.

sus

>
the internet’s weird bc there’s always the possibility that a small sliver of your personality finds product market fit and you get trained to turn that sliver into a character that passes along immeasurable returns to your real life self

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
That bit early on in a Disney movie, where the downtrodden heroine is resting her elbows on the windowsill, cradling her chin in her hands, gazing wistfully up at the moon, and singing "... will there ever be product market fit for meeeeee....?"

Last edited:

sus

we're still waiting for that to happen to us though eh Gus
I think the best thing that can happen is you die and then are immediately picked up on an existing sliver, which is a sizeable enough sliver people can gorge on it a while til satiated, and the resulting notoriety means that people open up your entire catalogue. But you're never reduced to that sliver.

sus

E.g. Mark wrote about a lot of things, but his anti-woke leftism stuff is what made him famous. But he has some cool ideas about like, glam rock and emo and depression too! Maybe one day those will become well-known too. But imagine how insufferable if only the anti-woke leftist part of him was encouraged and took over the rest. Actually that sorta happened with Capitalist Realism didn't it. Well there you go

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I think the best thing that can happen is you die and then are immediately picked up on an existing sliver, which is a sizeable enough sliver people can gorge on it a while til satiated, and the resulting notoriety means that people open up your entire catalogue. But you're never reduced to that sliver.
Sliver is all very well, but you can never go wrong buying glod.