The Teaching Machine.

woops

is not like other people

>
the internet’s weird bc there’s always the possibility that a small sliver of your personality finds product market fit and you get trained to turn that sliver into a character that passes along immeasurable returns to your real life self
@luka

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
This also ties into the nations/corporations thing, where these commercially delineated communities are becoming borderline governance bodies. Especially once/if governance tokens take off. Patchwork consumerism.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I remember when this stuff used to disgust me, when I couldn't bear to even watch commercials because it felt like a manipulative assault on my volitional sovereignty, and I think this changed for two reasons: getting more of a financial stake in the system, and becoming less constrained as a form consciousness by subjective reality.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Re; financial stake, it really is a testament to the neoliberal form of quasi-democracy, wherein enfranchisement perhaps takes most of its form in the private sector, embodied by ones private ownership of assets. Of course, this is often times quite at odds with the motivation to transcend subjective, phenomenal reality.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
And theres also a paradox re: movements fighting for enfranchisement of this or that less enfranchised community: If the goal is enfranchisement, then the goal is really to arrive at a state of complicity with the system.

luka

I remember when this stuff used to disgust me, when I couldn't bear to even watch commercials because it felt like a manipulative assault on my volitional sovereignty, and I think this changed for two reasons: getting more of a financial stake in the system, and becoming less constrained as a form consciousness by subjective reality.
it's called losing your moral centre

sus

We were talking about the way that, in learning how to master a system, one is mastered by the system. I wanted to call it “system capture.”

In
audience capture, the individuals that make up an audience or democratic body constitute the selection environment in which content creators or politicians survive, are rewarded or punished, etcetera. Thus creators, politicians must shape and regularize themselves to “fit” existing desires, even as they are also able to move desires. They must identify niches in this environment which will support them. We can say that, cybernetically, Hitler was mastered by the German people and mastered the German people.

System capture is like audience capture but with an emphasis on institutional structure and s selection games. You adapt your sense of possibility—of the interesting, the successful, the meaningful—in accord with your institution's definitions, because success within the institution's ongoing advancement tournament is evaluated precisely on such senses (of the successful, the interesting, the meaningful). But in doing so, even as you capture power, you are captured by power—you forget your old allegiances, you shed beliefs that are not easily re-located.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
More moaning about NY students and reaction scores eh Gus

At whatever point in life you catch on that being lied to by your govt, political establishment, schools, parents (?), I dunno a grudge against Obama and his Hope pill, say, you’ll realise these experiences are universally encapturing. The iterations may evolve but their outcomes remain the same

What you do with this learning when you bypass your own resentment at The Browns, The Gays and The Leftists will either be the making or breaking of you as a human being, long term. 10 years from now you may, even, have evolved or moved on to pastures new

Good luck

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
You think Stonehenge wasn’t a curse to its many masons and builders? The levels of hubris involved?

Ancient groove lines in the human journey

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Sometimes I can’t tell if WashYourHands actually thinks Gus is some sort of neofascist, or if he (WYH) is just engaging in deep irony.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
*daddy issues, transference and the fall out after 8 years with Obama, 4 with Trump and now Sleepy Joe, has left some men in crisis @Clinamenic

*not to be confused with father figures

1F7771F1-9C2D-4905-980A-778859C6972F.jpeg