sus

Shaved heads and androgyny in general were def in for a while here but I think the pendulum has swung and femininity is coming back

shakahislop

what does that mean
its hard to describe. to me there's clearly a new way of dressing among the rich young arty people in nyc that's different to what it was a few years ago and that i haven't seen before. its very clean and neat but still distinct. and expensive. nicely cut. and the clothes look new. no-one is pretending to be poor or marginal. its very punkless. in fact the vibe i get from it is 'normal but we are definitely still better than you'. no grit or grime

shakahislop

You should give it an embarrassing name that punctures their aura, like 'Modular Normie'.
its weird version, i don't hate these people, they're actually pretty nice and they are basically doing what i would've done if money were no object. chatting about ideas and trying to be writers. it's hard to have the same level of resentment in america for whatever reason. i guess it's less deeply engrained.

shakahislop

Yeah. if i had my way they all would be sh
it's hard to work through these resentments. i met a rich arty english guy last night (because my drunk mate had decided to blearily start talking to everyone that walked past whether they liked it or not) and all of that resentment really welled up, i was surprised by how strong it was. i do think that's justified to some extent. it doesn't come from nowhere. but i'd rather not have these kind of emotional affective reactions to individual people.