luka

No point worrying about boring people. We have to work out what we can do. The rest of the world is for the culling. To be mown down in the Great Reaping that is to come.

version

5a1eb995ec1ade247b74a53d

boxedjoy

The last people to solve that problem were the rave lot. They found EXSTASY was worth doing. No one since has come up with an answer.
I'm still really cautious about this narrative. I was only born in 1988 so I was obviously not around for it, but my own experience of raving and access to that world is that there's still an element of privilege that you need to be part of that world. You need a lack of responsibility or a fearlessness of consequence to really get into it, something which a lot of people simply don't have.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Apparently talking about how you're going to do something sates the part of your brain associated with actually doing it, perhaps that's what's happening when people vote or read theory or sign petitions. You're tricking yourself into thinking you're doing something simply by reading Marx or whatever.

Too much pleasure taken from saying a form of no

Apparently talking about how you're going to do something sates the part of your brain associated with actually doing it, perhaps that's what's happening when people vote or read theory or sign petitions. You're tricking yourself into thinking you're doing something simply by reading Marx or whatever.

it’s one way to form new habits - imagine a reward for doing it, could be as simple as walking through rain all afternoon for a jaffa cake and 2.75hours sleep.

luka

But I have found you hit a bit of a brick wall at a certain point in that you can't really go past a certain point alone. If it's just a personal improvement project it tends to stall, because ultimately no one can really care that much about themselves. It doesn't matter enough.
You must have noticed this when you do your press ups. Like, it probably is better doing them, than not doing them, but it's also like, yeah so what.
This is what I find with good habits after a certain point.

luka

Stan was obsessed with building up sufficient libido, through semen retention etc to break through once and for all.

luka

Stan was obsessed with building up sufficient libido, through semen retention etc to break through once and for all.
I agree with him. this seems to be the only way forward at an individual level.