woops

is not like other people
Tuppence worth.

Lived in vehicles, lived in squats, lived in tents, lived on traveler sites. You had dole money and scams but the entire rejection of aspiration and capitalism was still bumping into balancing scarce resources. The Brew Crew, rampant alcoholics to a T, could ruin any day or night. So up sticks, again, and travel over to the European continent.

Too late. Everyone and their dog is on ketamine, from the French eastwards to the Czechs/Prague. Eat first, morals later really equates to steal someone else’s drugs before they steal yours. Jfc, I’m going home, but home is full of heroin. Heroin is very moreish. And deadly. Let’s rob smack dealers. At least at home you know who not to rob.

You’re back in rain-sopped Albion, sat with a couple of oz’s of horse in sub-let flat in piss soaked Radford. Do you sell it all or snort it all? Take a middle road - sell one Oz in g’s and smash the rest down. Then the heroin runs out, so you start reccy’ing local dealers again. You prowl and wait and scope every single movement in and out of the building over 48hours. Are there kids? No, ok, let’s do this. 5 oz’s of heroin in a bag running down half-lit alleyways, smell of blood still fresh in your nostrils.

Out is a fragile position. Look before you leap.
The result of Universal Basic Income isn't a utopia, it's a load of people trying to figure out how to nick someone else's Universal Basic Income. not that I think that's an argument against it

xenogoth

looking for an exit
Yeah, this was what I was referring to when I asked whether we really want out. If we enjoy discussing how we can't get out, do we actually want out?
Such was Lyotard's critique of critique, even of Marx — the reason he never finished Capital was because he couldn't bring himself to. Always elongating his argument so he didn't critique himself out of a job.

It's very easy to be cynical about putting out Mark's final lectures, attaching the same argument to it, as this thread shows, but if you take a look at what some in this thread have been throwing glib remarks at, you'll find Mark is asking all the same questions. Not "if we take acid, we can get out for a bit", but "what if that kind of radical shift in perspective, in consciousness, was permanent; do we really want what we say we want?"

The reason for putting them out is to give his project that depth, which it has otherwise been denied because of its unfinished nature. It might not have all the answers but its asking many of the same questions presented by some people here — albeit in good faith, rather than bad.

Not my account just fyi

Although this place does have very chaotic energy

Oh good, you’re here. Sorry I was lied to, was told you ran it.

Enjoying this book of yours, and it obviously touches on the thread question

@thirdform is nothing to be afraid of i've come to enjoy his abuse, he's really lovely actually
I guess the loose consensus is there's no outside, but we refuse to roll over and wholeheartedly accept it because resisting serves a purpose in its own right and feels necessary.
I meant an outside to desire. An outside to wanting to be admired and to dominate or be dominated etc. The point of this book is to say that capitalism is very good at chanelling reproducing our desire. It has us captured, so we need to build a post capitalist desire from the inside, through it

The left attack has been a kind of total rejection, moralising and pious based on resistance, reaction, oppoosition (corbyn coudnt get out of this chatter) and in some cases fantasies of some primitive return to the forest. But these lectures are saying that the left has to get ballsy, tap into that sexual and aggressive energy, and aesthetics, chic... and be more bold and exciting and affirmative, embrace the hypocrisy and conflict

@xenogoth can explain it better

We are seeing more of this sassiness come through.. dirtbag, red scare and that's what i meant on the brooklyn mafia thread with the tension to reconcile sexual desire and glamour alongside egalitarian beliefs

The point that these things are incompatible, that rudewhy is making, is a variation of 'you have an iphone yet' and should get the response 'and what?'. his response is also libidinal, he's jealous. luke wants a book deal, craner wants a book deal, thirdform definitely wants a fucking book deal

luka

I meant an outside to desire. An outside to wanting to be admired and to dominate or be dominated etc.

This is nested. Basically it depends where you max out. If you get good at this then you can become a certain thing like a dominator class build
but if you manage to extricate yourself from those dog wolf instincts you can access the higher echelons of control

luka

The dominance lust and growling condition and control you for a certain level the point is to lift yourself out of that control matrix to access the next level.

Chaos demon innit. You're too serene. That's your problem. You must discover your own form of communication. It's about using these platforms to systematise your own communication to nurture further communication. This cannot be done with a mere defence of someone else or a regurgitation of cliches. You have to offend and headfuck in equal
measure
Too serene!! Well I'm here to learn from the best mate. Luka agrees with you actually

luka

For the pious people who disavow their own animal instincts you have to rub their faces in it and force them to own it but for more advanced people who have already accepted it you have to teach them to transcend it

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Such was Lyotard's critique of critique, even of Marx — the reason he never finished Capital was because he couldn't bring himself to. Always elongating his argument so he didn't critique himself out of a job.

It's very easy to be cynical about putting out Mark's final lectures, attaching the same argument to it, as this thread shows, but if you take a look at what some in this thread have been throwing glib remarks at, you'll find Mark is asking all the same questions. Not "if we take acid, we can get out for a bit", but "what if that kind of radical shift in perspective, in consciousness, was permanent; do we really want what we say we want?"

The reason for putting them out is to give his project that depth, which it has otherwise been denied because of its unfinished nature. It might not have all the answers but its asking many of the same questions presented by some people here — albeit in good faith, rather than bad.

I thought it had to do with the 3 cubic metres of notes Marx left at his death on the Obshchina and his ethnological notebooks. Silly me, being historical.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
@thirdform is nothing to be afraid of i've come to enjoy his abuse, he's really lovely actually

I meant an outside to desire. An outside to wanting to be admired and to dominate or be dominated etc. The point of this book is to say that capitalism is very good at chanelling reproducing our desire. It has us captured, so we need to build a post capitalist desire from the inside, through it

The left attack has been a kind of total rejection, moralising and pious based on resistance, reaction, oppoosition (corbyn coudnt get out of this chatter) and in some cases fantasies of some primitive return to the forest. But these lectures are saying that the left has to get ballsy, tap into that sexual and aggressive energy, and aesthetics, chic... and be more bold and exciting and affirmative, embrace the hypocrisy and conflict

@xenogoth can explain it better

We are seeing more of this sassiness come through.. dirtbag, red scare and that's what i meant on the brooklyn mafia thread with the tension to reconcile sexual desire and glamour alongside egalitarian beliefs

The point that these things are incompatible, that rudewhy is making, is a variation of 'you have an iphone yet' and should get the response 'and what?'. his response is also libidinal, he's jealous. luke wants a book deal, craner wants a book deal, thirdform definitely wants a fucking book deal

That's not rudewhy's point. His point that the left is an empty signifier hollowed of all content. it doesn't exist outside of this academic/bourgeois socialite matrix. And he's right, probably where we see eye to eye.

He takes the opposite pathway to me though. The left is dead would be an adequate remix of James Brown is dead.

It doesn't matter if the left gets ballsy, if it has orgies in yer living room because it is not an *active* force in the majority of society. Not even passively. That is what your myopia (and it is a myopia) is missing. The book starts from the wrong premises, that there is still a project called the left that itself stands as an antagonist to oppose capitalism. It's not 1974. Anything todays purported leftists say is far to the right of Ted Heath. Reckon with that before anything else.

Reactions: RWY

luka

Basically Shiels you can ignore politics and sign up to my programme of applied gnosis or you can keep the politics and go with third but beware, he will make you read books, really long boring books. And give you tests to make sure you've really read them. Those are your options. Or you can go with Rudewhy which means no reading, just white wine, scallops, and voting Tory. Which is probably the most rational route

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
The red scare, chapo trap house, brooklyn lot are not transgressive to anyone other than those who attach value to cultural kitsch. and postmodern kitsch is the ruling ideology of the victory of fascist totalitarianism. That is to say, fascists were defeated on the battlefield, but the state militarisation of all social life, economic dirigism etc continued well into today. I am not afraid of Anna K, Matt Christman or whoever these people are. They do not frighten me. Their ideology is a return to 18th century moral economy. It's the equivalent of modern trad jazz ensembles. completely bumpersticker for a certain narcissistic obsessed milieu who think revolution depends on them.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Basically Shiels you can ignore politics and sign up to my programme of applied gnosis or you can keep the politics and go with third but beware, he will make you read books, really long boring books. And give you tests to make sure you've really read them. Those are your options. Or you can go with Rudewhy which means no reading, just white wine, scallops, and voting Tory. Which is probably the most rational route

You forgot the hard acid gabber torture to really crush the fury into his skull. This is what I mean though. he's too much of an aesthetic punk. He needs to surrender to machine.