Durrty Goodz

not as far as i know. There may well be a couple of dubs or test presses seeing as the clean rip exists but who knows.

mos dan

fact music
No, but I have it- in full- in relatively low quality. Do you want it?

Goodz posts on grime boards under a psuedonym, incidentally. I won't bait him up though.

fair enough to not bait him up. but how do you know?

he does refer to rwd forum on one of the axiom tracks. but a few people do, now i think of it. i'm sure mcs are drawn to any thread about them - you would be wouldn't you. even if you didn't then post.

'switch like english weather' lol - sick sick sick tune

Benjy, Durrty Whirl Mix CD and It's Real Vol 1 are both sick - have you got them? They get far more play from me than the overrated Axiom EP.

I beg you up "It's Real Vol 1", I've never heard it.
I didn't like much of Durrty Whirl, there's a few good tracks ('International' especially), but I'm not really into him on hip-hop to be honest.

viktorvaughn

I beg you up "It's Real Vol 1", I've never heard it.
I didn't like much of Durrty Whirl, there's a few good tracks ('International' especially), but I'm not really into him on hip-hop to be honest.

I have slightly sketchy internet access but I should be able to sort it out!

benjybars

village elder.
Benjy, Durrty Whirl Mix CD and It's Real Vol 1 are both sick - have you got them? They get far more play from me than the overrated Axiom EP.

yeah i have heard them but wasn't too blown away really...

i've said this before, many times, and i know it's considered sacrilege, but i think goodz is without doubt the most over-rated mc in grime ....

BUT

he absolutely MURDERS that pulse x remix .... "still hate malcom X's shooter..." BLAP.

viktorvaughn

yeah i have heard them but wasn't too blown away really...

i've said this before, many times, and i know it's considered sacrilege, but i think goodz is without doubt the most over-rated mc in grime ....

BUT

he absolutely MURDERS that pulse x remix .... "still hate malcom X's shooter..." BLAP.

No I agree, he is overrated. But both those tapes for me have a few gems on - Gimme Dat, Wiley slews, Pulse X rmx etc.

Badga Tek

Flushing MCs down the loo
Has anyone got any news on 'Born Blessed'? Thought this would be best place to ask.

If its true that it was finished by the time he put out 'Axiom' then surely it can't be far off? Especially if he's putting it out himself (am I right?)

But we've not even seen Durrty Whirl 2 yet

His Myspace's not been updated in ages too

mos dan

fact music
Has anyone got any news on 'Born Blessed'? Thought this would be best place to ask.

If its true that it was finished by the time he put out 'Axiom' then surely it can't be far off?

this seems unlikely..? i get the impression they're still working hard on it.. what the delay is i have no idea - last time i asked i got a 'don't worry it'll be ready soon, we'll keep you posted' message from his management.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
spoke to his manager about it last week. basically there's tons of projects they're working on: when they all come to fruition, a ton of different goodz material will drop at once...

Last edited:

Badga Tek

this seems unlikely..? i get the impression they're still working hard on it.. what the delay is i have no idea - last time i asked i got a 'don't worry it'll be ready soon, we'll keep you posted' message from his management.

Probably my mistake then. I just seemed to garner that impression when press surrounding Axiom was emerging. In particular, I have a *hazy* recollection of one of Martin's Pitchfork articles alluding to the fact that it was at the very least near-completed.

I'll track down the column and give it another read when i get a moment. Check I'm not chatting breeze/completely wrong

Badga Tek

Probably my mistake then. I just seemed to garner that impression when press surrounding Axiom was emerging. In particular, I have a *hazy* recollection of one of Martin's Pitchfork articles alluding to the fact that it was at the very least near-completed.

I'll track down the column and give it another read when i get a moment. Check I'm not chatting breeze/completely wrong

Yeah just read that Pitchfork thing back. I misread it. Just said there was a big list of collaborators, not that any of the tracks were done.

Still, looking forward to it all, when it does eventually surface

It's dated is all. There is a vision at work here, it's just 5 years too late.

If anyone knows a contact for DG, or how I can get hold of him I beg them to PM me. Would really like to clarify why he's released this now, and what he's got planned. It'd be for Grime Forum. Safe!

Benny Bunter

What a shame. I remember how excited I was for this when Axiom came out and feeling really let down by Ultrasound. I was hoping Born blessed would be the real deal. He's an amazing talent but he seems to have blown his chances now. Wouldn't mind being proved wrong though!