Name a good song about football

forclosure

The other great Fall song about football obvious pick but it really gets to the heart of how ugly the "beautiful game" is (detest that expression)
if White Hart Lane stadium was reduced to rubble by some cataclysmic explosion i think i'd cheer(same goes for Emirates before anybody gets any ideas)

catalog

What don't u like about footie Web esc? Is it when it's match day 8n North London and there's loads of drunk men out bring idiots?

forclosure

What don't u like about footie Web esc? Is it when it's match day 8n North London and there's loads of drunk men out bring idiots?
mate i worked there it was my first job, the drunk men being idiots and racists, the chants, the overpriced food and tickets, the fact that these obese whales come with this arrogance that they should be treated like special guests causes their dad had been going to this clubs matches from when British Steel was a thing and his dad before him

forclosure

i never was a big football fan but i could leave it i did try as a younger but my hand eye coordination has always been bad although i was told when i try to get into it i'm marginally better but working there it just made everything so much worse

forclosure

how cold it got in there in the winter,the smell of ganja and the toilets always being covered with piss when i needed to use them briefly

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Spurs does have a very racist reputation to be fair.

Not that I'm absolving our lot, no club in English football is without. But Spurs are the sign of classic British mediocrity. Always playing money ball and getting nowhere.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
mate i worked there it was my first job, the drunk men being idiots and racists, the chants, the overpriced food and tickets, the fact that these obese whales come with this arrogance that they should be treated like special guests causes their dad had been going to this clubs matches from when British Steel was a thing and his dad before him

To be fair I remember reading about when Nick Hornby was moaning about ticket prices to highbury rising from 25 p to £9, and i was like, huh that seems quaint in retrospect.

But it was to varying extents the working mans game until the 80s, not just in England but worldwide. There is still some terrace culture in Turkey for instance. Much better atmosphere in the stadiums, that is unless you are a fenerbahçe supporter, fuck those nationalist pricks.

obvs I'm using working mans game in a highly qualified way here. Even when Arsenal decided to go pro in the 1890s there was a faction which contended that gentlemen are not fit to run a club. Needless to say those original woolwich faithful fizzled out.

forclosure

The fact that people have a licence to behave badly at the football is precisely why it's so important, fun and 'problematic'
Americans say the same way with baseball but they don't have the kind of raw tribalism that football has

you don't hear about baseball firms do you

DannyL

Wild Horses
The fact that people have a licence to behave badly at the football is precisely why it's so important, fun and 'problematic'
Yeah, hooliganism is just weirdly interesting even/because its a repository of the worst behaviours possible.