luka

woops has fond memories of me making him a delicious hangover breakfast of cold lager beer with loads of crystal hot sauce poured into it

luka

Our European visitors are important to us.​

This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws.

luka

woops has fond memories of me making him a delicious hangover breakfast of cold lager beer with loads of crystal hot sauce poured into it
@woops can you remember if we poured gherkin juice into this too to give it a little sour tang? i still get nice 'tastebud flashbacks' to this occassion

linebaugh

ohio-state-buckeyes-mascot-brutus-is-seen-during-an-ncaa-football-FHYEJ0.jpg
19FCOUNCHSTSMSHRMOHI

usa_today_12409158.0.jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
Beer and a spear looks pretty good I reckon. Those pickled gherklns are big with Russians, if we have we have some vaguely Russian food at any time the girlfriend likes to get a bottle of cold vodka and have a shot or two after every course to "cleanse the palate"/"get really fucking hammered" and each vodka shot is in turn followed by a pickle. It's kinda like a tequila followed by a lemon type thing. She also says that if you have a jar of pickled gherkins or pickled tomatoes or pickled anything really, you can drink the juice afterwards as a delicious and healthy hangover cure. I have never tried it though cos she always boshes the whole lot.

Last edited:

luka

i remember you saying that. i always drink the pickle juice when ive got a hangover too. @woops fondly remembers the time i bought him a glass of pickled egg juice in the pub once too. it was part of their 'pickleback' offering. egg juice and a bourbon. really nice.

luka

a lot of english people dont. english people are very picky eaters often. are you a picky eater?

IdleRich

IdleRich
a lot of english people dont. english people are very picky eaters often. are you a picky eater?
No not really... I will eat pretty much anything in fact. But some things such as eggs I am less keen on than others. Like I am not a big fan of aubergine in that I don't find it very exciting and I mentioned that once and now girlfriend is always going "We can't get aubergine, Rich doesn't like it" or "How can you dislike aubergine so much?" but that is really not how it is at all, it's just that there a million things I like more, so If I were in a restaurant or something, I would most likely order something higher in my personal hierarchy but if someone gave me a pickled egg wrapped in an aubergine and I felt I had to eat it to be polite or whatever then i would do that no problem.,

IdleRich

IdleRich
We get ads for these in the mailbox constantly, especially as the state gears up for crossbow season. They can shoot like 400 feet per second, it's nuts. Basically guns.
How long does it take to get a shot ready though? Looks super complicated and then after you have fired then you would have to do it again.
On the positive side, think a crossbow bolt hitting into a target and going "thwunk" and vibrating up and down may be more satisfying than a gun though. Or do they not do that? How big is a crossbow bolt?

william_kent

back when everyone I knew was unemployed and / or squatting, there was this guy I knew, maybe a bit psycho but in a very endearing way, ( once when digging some speed he filled his syringe from a just boiled kettle - ouch! that burns! - another time jacked up orange juice to see if it gave a rush - answer: no ), unfortunately deceased due to a methadone overdose ( RIP, sadly missed ), who spent his the last of his giro on a crossbow and 2 bolts ( all he could afford ), and on returning home tried it out - whoosh! The bolt shot into the distance, never to be found again - same with the second shot.. so no "thwunk" because he missed the tree he was aiming at, just a waste of money as he couldn't afford to buy any more bolts.. (on the up side, he had more success with an air rifle blasting at the light bulbs in his squat )

IdleRich

IdleRich
It sounds as though it fired pretty well though right? Wonder where it did go... did you check the papers etc to make sure there wasn't a headline like "Suspected mob hit as club owner with gangland ties is assassinated with crossbow" or worse "Heroic community leader is mysteriously killed" etc etc

william_kent

even worse than "heroic community leader" they probably ended up in the primary school playground a few hundred meters behind the tree he was aiming for...

william_kent

weirdly enough I've been to a firing range in Wisconsin and let off 50 rounds from a Glock 9mm - I have to admit that was more satisfying than seeing a couple of crossbow bolts fly into the distance never to be seen again

1628390449864.png