catalog

Thanks for posting all those tunes, really like em. It's not really mixed, I can't do that properly, but I did overlap the tunes a little in audacity. Also it's all just YouTube rips.

I did a full version of everything at first and have been listening to it over the last few weeks, gradually whittled it down to these ones.

DLaurent

Well I've listened to it and I love it but it's based on my selections so I'm probably biased. 😁 Good work catalog.

Trillhouse

Beyond the Main Room

Chris HOG
When we first started, we only had a tiny second room, and we had these guys called Peacekeeper Soundsystem run that for years. It had this stinking kitchen at the one end of it, so rather than a chill-out room we called it a grill-out room. They’d also play industrial stuff. They’d play Meat Beat Manifesto and Front 242, and bits like that.

Surgeon
Reggae, hip-hop, industrial and early drum & bass stuff. There was as much emphasis on that in the night. It wasn’t just a back room that was stuck away out of the way somewhere.

(Nik “DJ X” Wells 
House of God resident DJ and booker for the second room)
Nik Wells
I would play in the back room for Peacekeeper. Then when jungle first came around, it was just a natural progression to start sorting out the second room for Chris. We had a good rotation of people. They would always get in their lot, Scampi and Bigfoot and others.

Sir Real
It was an important part of the whole thing and brought the whole audience.

Nik Wells
When we started having jungle and drum & bass in the second room, it was what a lot of people were after. It was a bit difficult for some people to go to the more dedicated jungle nights up here because they were quite moody. One of the things that people liked was the relaxed atmosphere at House of God, without having to look over their shoulders.

(Nick Sales 
Former member of the Bliss Body art group)
Nick Sales
There was always interesting stuff going on in the side rooms. Crusty punk and metal bands playing live.

Chris HOG
We’ve got another room that’s run by Joe Robertson and Steve O. Every now and then I might say, “Can you put so and so in there?” Tony’s played house sets in there before.

Nick Sales
In another room there’d be sometimes the guys from Klub Katusi playing fucked-up easy listening.

Nik Wells
People used to come just for the easy listening room. If you weren’t into the breakbeat or the drum & bass, then you had this room that was set up like somebody’s gran’s living room, with cheesy painting on the wall and oil projectors, playing this nice easy listening ’60s vibe.

woops

is not like other people
great music. there's the vampyros lesbos soundtrack too but i'll let @craner pick the best track. and all that library music stuff, cecil leuter etc

luka

im vehemently opposed to all library music. this is not the time or the place to go into it though.

DLaurent

Careful by the river at the moment, they're all flooded! Though I like being by the river, to go fishing.