Universally agreed terrible film(s)

luka

im going to start acting like this not saying fuck all or having any facial expressions

• Haha
Reactions: sus

IdleRich

IdleRich
I really didn't like drive but I've only seen it once. Felt very flashy and mannered, too much for me. I did think the opening chase scene shot only inside the car was pretty interesting, but as soon as the girl and her daughter come on the scene it becomes very predictable and his character less interesting.

Much preferred the place beyond the pines, but that was worse the 2nd time I watched it. It relies on that bollywood esque 25 years later surprise element.
Place Beyond the Pines was on the other day, in many ways it feels as though it was the springboard for other films.

For one thing Gosling's emotionally paralysed rider was a prototype for his character in Drive, but also the Australian guy - he is used to play a very similar role in Killing Them Softly (unless that came first) and Gosling has him as the creepy estate agent (or is he the lender?) in Lost River and in my head that is cos they became friends on the set of APBTB.

luka

but i didnt sign up for a romance film, ive been watching for ages and that was only the second car chase so i feel a bit cheated tbh

woops

is not like other people
how can you weigh up the balance before the end anyway, where's that delicate and discerning aesthetic sensibility you're so proud of

woops

is not like other people
i suppose this is my fault for requesting the live blog should just have left you to it