william_kent

الفنانة ماجده اسماعيل بت تندلتي - The artist Magda Ismail bit Tendalti

Magda gets crowded out by the dancers on the podium, but is undeterred

Al-Mariod in the "zone"

edit: number on the speakers seems to be 0912611359 but my eyesight might not be that good

edit: typed the number into google and got this:

اولاد ياسين - Yassin's children

عغد حفل المناسبات - Tomorrow is the event party

1676598075248.png

I was guessing a speaker hire firm? Except it says: "Musician/Band" ( "always open" ) and the video ( which I can't embed ) on the facebook page features the guy ( on the right ) who owns a camel and has some nice shirts and is one of the best dancers in Tandalty but who has been suspiciously absent from Tandalty sound videos for the last few months

and one of the videos I posted recently from "Jimmy The American" which featured Al-Mariod mentioned "Yassin's Sons" in the title, so maybe this is the real name of the Tandalty sound system? Can't believe it's taken me 18 months to figure out what might be the true name of the Tandalty sound system...

Last edited:

william_kent

2022-🌹🇸🇩الفنانه ماجد اسماعيل بت تندلتي تعال تعال - 2022- 🌹🇸🇩 The artist Majid Ismail, bit Tandalti, come, come

don't know how I missed this one, but I'm still refining my search terms in a script I can barely decode

Nine minutes of Majestic Magda

( to be honest, i'm just posting these videos here as a sort of personal playlist so i don't have to suffer the youtube predilection for inserting adverts at inappropriate moments - if you embed them here then adverts are no longer an intrusive problem - I don't care if what you really crave is goat slaughter, I'm vegetarian so I'm not going to post that shit anyway )

More Magda, a high energy edit

جديد 2023الفنانه ماجدة بنت تندلتي أنا ممكون وصابر لأتنس الاشتراك في القناة من فضلك ♥💚♥ - New 2023, the artist Magda Bint Tandalti, I am Makkoun and Saber. Do not forget to subscribe to the channel, please ♥💚♥

Last edited:

william_kent

"النار النار" -ماجده Iسماعيل new 2022 - "Fire, Fire" - Magda I Ismail new 2022

from a distance my bad eyesight renders the thumbnail as a Residents album cover

on hearing I recognise this as one of Magda's big tunes, in an Ashra inflected Dancehall style

next on my playlist, Ahmed ("master of the blue jersey" [1]) ups the tempo

جديد الفنان احمد قمر بسكوت بركه - New artist Ahmed Qamar Baraka biscuits

[1] I sort of want to take the piss, but if someone is colour blind suffering from ''colour vision deficiency" (aka "CVD") and gets the colour of Ahmed's jersey consistently wrong, then does that makes me the bad guy? I don't want to be "ablelist", I'm not that bad of person despite what some may say...

Last edited:

william_kent

just in case anyone doubts the JA dancehall influence on Sudanese wedding music

I'm "joining the dots"

ديرتي جديد ديرتي سوداني رقص ساخن #ديرتي_سوداني #ديرتي_جديد #رقص #ساخن - Dirty New Dirty Sudanese hot dance #dirty #dirty_sudanese #dirty_new #dancing #hot

٢٠٢٣/١/١٣ ديرتي جديد ديرتي سوداني نيك خلفي #ديرتي #نيك #نيك_خلفي #هجيج #اغاني_سودانية - 13/1/2023 Dirty New Dirty Sudanese Backflip

oh, video seems "age restricted", probably because of the simulated "pegging" / femdom action on display in the last minute or so?

Last edited:

william_kent

anyway, back to Tandalty

أخضر البتحرن عمر سيكا - Green Bahrain Omar Sika

another wedding? guy in the yellow sitting astride shoulders got hitched?

who cares, it seems like any excuse is good enough to have a party in Tandalty

Last edited:

william_kent

ناس رقاق ـ عمار البزعي ــ المريود - Nass Riqaq - Ammar Al-Buzai - Al-Maryoud

there's a few tandalty lads in the circle clad in yellow & black
dancing in front of the Yassin's children's 3rd rate speaker stack
to the ashra kosmische vs dancehall attack

edit; Professor Ammar may have been demoted to 'Doctor' if i'm getting my translations of google translate correct

william_kent

DARKSIDE tandatly

this is the video I once deleted because it's too grim but i'm too honest to not share

no disguising the homoerotic SM elements

the once Professor, now demoted to Doctor, Ammar presides over the sickness

عمار البزعي العازف المريود الاخدر البحرن - Ammar Al-Buzai, the famous musician, Al-Mariod Al-Akhdar, Bahrain

watch in horror as the bare chested yet bandaged head guy arrogantly offers himself to the sweet pain of the whip

all while the elderly lady grooves on down

at 2:01 - some dude does a fucking wild 360 degree jump, respect

hard for me to process tbh

( edit: i've seen worse whippings in Tandalty vids, which i've never posted, because.. but i like this tune, so i'm saving it to what amounts to my personal playlist )

edit; when i was ten i might have been forced into doing the "twist" with an elderly woman but i never had to witness anything like this at a wedding reception, unlike the poor kids you can see in the video above...( further edit: just noticed one of the "poor kids" is filming the whipping at about 3:38 in on his phone! so, yeah, I'm suffering from some sort of culture shock on my part )

william_kent

انتي فينا شين بسوي انتي اللي قلوب بتكوي //الفنان عمارالبزعي// - You are among us, Shane Baswi, you are the one whose hearts are crying // Artist Ammar Al-Bazai //

so what if the former Professor, demoted to Doctor, Ammar, sometimes presides over s/m whipping sessions? the now Doctor, demoted from Professor, Ammar, rocks yet another tandalty wedding reception

al-maroid provides the rinky dink casio-tone accompaniment

edit; i recently bought the the long awaited vinyl re-release of the Manuel Göttsching / Michael Hoenig deep cut kosmiche classic Early Water but the Tandalty sound tiger pisses all over the Berlin School dog ( i'm in an "altered state" when typing this, full disclosure )

edit: fucking pitch bends! @wektor and @woops you might know what I'm on about? You're the only two whose opinion I trust when it comes to synthesis

propelling me into higher states...

"death is not the end"

after two hours of this on repeat I can state that this is;

FULL ON COSMIC!

william_kent

حسن ود تندلتي _ركب سماعتك واستمع 💥💥 - Hassan Wad Tandalti _ Put on your headphones and listen 💥💥

another week, another wedding - I'm guessing the groom is the guy in the light blue pastel suit sitting on some dude's shoulders and the bride is the lady in white who is almost beside him

huge wedding reception with a big tune to match - this is a version of the tune that first alerted me to the Tandalty sound, and a year later I still don't know what it's called..

annoyingly cuts out just as a doom laden riff enters the fray

william_kent

adding to my personal playlist

المريود&، استاذ عمار& حفله - Al-Maryoud &, Professor Ammar & Helfa

locked groove, the Professor stands idle, furiously chewing away in his so last season yellow shirt... forward thinking Tandalty lads are sporting salmon ( or is it "coral" ) pink...

about 40 seconds in Al-Mariod does an Ashra style switch up

جيش المريود @ ورقيص خالد شبشة - Maryoud Army @ Warqis Khaled Shabsha

there's a break close to the end of this clip and I really thought it was going to launch into the "big tune", but Al-Mariod defies my expectations

the "distant cousin" who I identified in another video seems to have insinuated himself into a position beside Al-Mariod who is wearing a pale salmon pink short sleeved shirt, the colour choice of the fashion conscious Tandalty lad in 2023 ( that's just my prediction, based on no evidence )

and then Al-Mariod hits "autoplay" and steps out from behind the sound

المـــــــــريود @ خالــد شبشة رقيص عجيب - Al Muraywid @ Khaled Shabsha is an amazing dancer

Al-Mariod presses "play" and joins the circle, shows the lads how to dance

the so-called "distant cousin" ( with a so last season get over it yellow and black headdress, get with the times lad ) also relinquishes his coveted spot from behind the sound, follows Al-Mariod like a lost puppy and joins in with the lads for some neck and descent and ascent circle action

william_kent

another addition to my personal playlist

شتيله الفي جوفي صغيرة _احمد قمر _عمار دسكو - Small Alfi Goofy seedlings _ Ahmed Qamar _ Ammar Disco

"Goofy" is the operative word

whoever is operating the rinky dink casio has discovered ( "unlocked" ) the previously hidden Nintendo 8 bit preset easter egg and goes wild, causing the Tandalty lads to, ahem, "lose it", resulting in seemingly uncoordinated movement

edit: at 0:40, I can only describe this as 8 bit trill

william_kent

^ I've not seen such syncopation in a crowd since some mid 2000's Passa Passa videos

which reminds me, I was in a zoom meeting last week and the new project manager was encouraging us slackers to play "hardball" and while he was sharing his screen trying to find his pie chart showing us how poorly we were performing he inadvertently exposed his youtube picks including

Ding Dong - Gyalis Story

and I barely stifled a laugh

i almost said to him "Badman Forward, Badman Pull up"

Ding Dong - Badman Forward, Badman Pull up ( big passa passa tune, "ravers clavers!",N-R-G!, and maybe the first and last time Ding Dong was "relevant", alpha & omega, "seen" )

Ding Dong - Badman Forward @ Passa Passa, Tivoli Gardens pre Dudus bust. sometime pre 2010.... N-R-G! SELAH! N-R-G! Double OOOHHH Seven! Everyone luv da dancehall! badman pull up ! Lord have mercy! N-R-G!

william_kent

synthesized-sudan-astro-nubian-electronic-jaglara-dance-sounds-_1.jpg

The first ever release of electronic Jaglara, an obscure dance music being innovated in an area near the Sudan, Ethiopia, and Eritrea border called Fashaga.

Among the most raucous, hypnotic, addictive, and celestial dance styles being made anywhere in Africa, this heavy, mysterious sound is being led by one man: Jantra, which translates as "craziness," a moniker bestowed to celebrate both his personality and sound. Jantra is a rather unknown quantity even in Sudan, outside of the circles which have granted him cult status to perform at their humble gatherings or at street parties far from the gaze of the cities.

Jaglara, which roughly translates as improvisation, has no songs. Jantra simply freestyles a combination of his melodies incessantly for hours on end, acting as a live producer and DJ for emphatic crowds, where the energy of his 155 - 168 BPM music is known to inspire the odd gunslinger to raise and fire his pistol in the middle of the dance floor. His music is hopeful in a hopeless world, uplifting in spirit, ancient and new, childish and mature, familiar yet refreshingly obscure, fueled by the hypnotic Sera rhythm. His Yamaha keyboard is specially tweaked to achieve what you're hearing — the perfect, sweet key tone, literally universal in its appeal.

A hybrid reissue-contemporary album, Ostinato combined extracted individual melodic patterns, rhythms, and MIDI data from Jantra's Yamaha keyboard with his older cassette and digital recordings to recreate his lengthy sessions into individual dance tracks for a worldwide audience to reach the enviable frenzy of Sudanese crowds. This promising new dance music emerging from the deepest reaches of Sudan has never made its way outside of Jantra's parties, let alone outside of the country.

This record is confirmation that the many electronic styles being exported from Africa have a worthy sibling and rival—Jantra's signature electronic Jaglara from the Fashaga underground. It is a privilege of the highest order to be exposed to this unheralded, incredibly well kept rural Sudanese secret.

Jantra - Gedima

Jantra - Makhafi

Jantra - Ozali

Jantra - Shabal

william_kent

^
"jantra"

IMHO:

not as good as the Tandalty sound videos I've been posting for the last year or so, but still I've ordered **** the "Jantra" album on vinyl as it is admittedly cosmic, even though the beats don't match the intensity of Tandalty Sound / Al-Mariod in full flow

but at least some hipsters are at last catching on to the majesty of Sudanese rinky dink casio tone wedding music

"vindicated" *. **

* only "vindicated" slightly, as I will only be fully appeased once @Cooking Mama 3 releases a triple vinyl set of Tandalty Sound rinky dink casio athemns featuturing Madja, Omar, and the fluctuating academic Ammar backed by the full cosmic force of Al-Mariod and the Tandalty lads

** Is "Jantra" more proof of my "cosmic wave" theory? Is the cosmic wave now drifting from Tandalty in Sudan to the "Ethiopia, and Eritrea border called Fashaga"? Discuss... ( edit: no, see below, I have my doubts...)

edit / **** convinced this "Jantra" album is fake now, but still, nice synths

william_kent

جديد +الفنانه ماجده اسماعيل بت كدوكـ +قصب سنار - New + the artist Magda Ismail Bet Kadouk + the cane of Sennar

^^^^ TANDALTY SOUND RULER ^^^^

at this point in my inebriation I'm not even convinced that "Jantra" and the "Fashaga Underground" is at all real, how come I can find no youtube footage of the "humble gatherings" or "street parties far from the gaze of the cities"?

but yet the real Sudanese underground of the Tandalty Sound is fully documented via crappy phone footage?

feeble cries of an old man calling out "hoax" ( i.e, "bullshit" ), yet I've shelled out for the "Jantra" vinyl, more fool me...

edit: once upon a time I worked in an office with some young people, and one time one of them made some lewd claim and the others were like "video or it didn't happen!" and that's how I'm feeling about this "Fashaga Underground"

Mr. Naga Pickle

* only "vindicated" slightly, as I will only be fully appeased once @Cooking Mama 3 releases a triple vinyl set of Tandalty Sound rinky dink casio athemns featuturing Madja, Omar, and the fluctuating academic Ammar backed by the full cosmic force of Al-Mariod and the Tandalty lads

OMG I WANT TO DO THIS SO MUCH HOW CAN I DO THIS??????

جديد +الفنانه ماجده اسماعيل بت كدوكـ +قصب سنار - New + the artist Magda Ismail Bet Kadouk + the cane of Sennar

^^^^ TANDALTY SOUND RULER ^^^^

at this point in my inebriation I'm not even convinced that "Jantra" and the "Fashaga Underground" is at all real, how come I can find no youtube footage of the "humble gatherings" or "street parties far from the gaze of the cities"?

but yet the real Sudanese underground of the Tandalty Sound is fully documented via crappy phone footage?

feeble cries of an old man calling out "hoax" ( i.e, "bullshit" ), yet I've shelled out for the "Jantra" vinyl, more fool me...

edit: once upon a time I worked in an office with some young people, and one time one of them made some lewd claim and the others were like "video or it didn't happen!" and that's how I'm feeling about this "Fashaga Underground"
"To produce this album, the Ostinato team pioneered a new approach: a hybrid reissue-contemporary album. Jantra had made a few cassette and digital recordings in his early days. We used excerpts from those and followed him to his legendary parties on the outskirts of the outskirts of the capital. Using a special technique devised by Ostinato producer Janto Koité, we extracted the individual melodic patterns, rhythms, as well as the MIDI data, and combined them with older recordings to recreate his lengthy sessions into individual dance tracks for a worldwide audience to reach the enviable frenzy of Sudanese crowds. This promising new dance music emerging from the deepest reaches of Sudan has never made its way outside of Jantra’s parties, let alone outside of the country, and never been professionally recorded."

TELL ME U MADE A FAKE SUDANESE SYNTH RECORD WITHOUT TELLING ME U MADE A FAKE SUDANESE SYNTH RECORD

Mr. Naga Pickle

ok there are some pictures here:

aint no way the sounds on that album are coming out of that yamaha, tho.

also can't confirm whether DarGoog, Sudan is a real place which actually exists on planet earth.