catalog

甜美的夢(Sweet Dreams )

@catalog gave me a bunch of mushrooms and I ate them this morning whilst extremely drunk and they came on a lot faster than I thought and this tune sounded amazing with the kaleidoscopic visions i was experiencing, the female voices guided me through the maze of light
really enjoying this whole album

william_kent

Nadine Sutherland - Quiet Time ( Xterminator 1994 )

I might have mentioned in another thread that one of my hobbies is getting shitfaced and slinging on Xterminator productions, and this is one of my "go to" 12 inches when I'm in that mood, I could be "conscious" and stick on one of the Luciano ( have you seen him backflip? that's a sight to behold! **** ) vocals over this rhythm, but Nadine's plaintive vocals win out for me...

** look, Luciano doing a cartwheel!

Luciano doing a cartwheel ( turn the volume down on this one )

Luciano doing a cartwheel!

damn, I'm sure I've seen more than one video of him doing a back flip, but youtube is failing me now....

Last edited:

william_kent

really enjoying this whole album

anyone whose discography consists of albums titled "Sound LSD: Subliminal Sex" or "Sound LSD: Out Of Body Experience" or "Sound LSD: Fantasy Enhancer" and they're NOT psytrance, then you know you're in safe hands if you've made the rash decision of swallowing a handful of mushrooms at 8 am in the morning after drinking a bottle of rum

Henry Kawahara productions guided me through

the tune, "Sweet Dreams" that I posted further upthread, had the quality of being oddly static, yet the female vocals had the effect of parting the kaleidoscopic patterned curtains apart, leading me further into the psychedelic depths...

@catalog - thanks for those mushrooms by the way! went down a treat

edit: first tune on that album is Boredoms "Seadrum" era a decade before the fact. prescient

Last edited:

wild greens

been listening to old roll deep stuff this morning. loads of it dead rushed and scruffy but there's so much of it it doesn't matter just flick onto the next one, cool, have another

catalog

anyone whose discography consists of albums titled "Sound LSD: Subliminal Sex" or "Sound LSD: Out Of Body Experience" or "Sound LSD: Fantasy Enhancer" and they're NOT psytrance, then you know you're in safe hands if you've made the rash decision of swallowing a handful of mushrooms at 8 am in the morning after drinking a bottle of rum

Henry Kawahara productions guided me through

the tune, "Sweet Dreams" that I posted further upthread, had the quality of being oddly static, yet the female vocals had the effect of parting the kaleidoscopic patterned curtains apart, leading me further into the psychedelic depths...

@catalog - thanks for those mushrooms by the way! went down a treat

edit: first tune on that album is Boredoms "Seadrum" era a decade before the fact. prescient

Glad they were enjoyable, I was on them most of the weekend but exhausted all supplies now.

Re Kawahara, I did have a look at the whole bandcamp and saw it was a pretty extensive discography. Never heard of him before but that album was great so I'll be dipping in again I'm sure.

william_kent

Coozie Mellers - Easy ( Wackies 1987 )

NYC digital reggae combining sound bwoy killer swagger with slo-mo techno sensibilities

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich

Coozie Mellers - Easy ( Wackies 1987 )

NYC digital reggae combining sound bwoy killer swagger with slo-mo techno sensibilities

Cool tune, but more than that, it has me wondering about the - as far as I know totally unexplored - links between reggae and techno. Could be it be that, if we were to pool our collective knowledge, we might be able to find some hitherto unexplored roots of techno which lie in reggae? Maybe something to think about, I dunno.

sufi

lala

Each is not my love, moan I for what
I make up hundreds so I know how to make love
There, you can have my youth, I know I have loved
Started to see him, 'till when I married him

To yearn admits you're outside to me
Grow up

I have seen these all my life, perhaps a lot more
And I have been so naive
All move and try he knew not
And your spangle, how it hurts, and I have feelings