mixed_biscuits

This band called Chrisma (and I think were later known as Krisma or some other, other spelling) is one I really like... or at least, I love their first album which features the motorik killers C-Rock and Blcack Silk Stocking among others. But other than that album I've barely checked out their other stuff at all. The only other tune I know by them is this one called Gott Gott Electron and it's also great in its own way. In fact, for some reason I felt the urge to listen to it today and it's very good indeed, even better than I had rememberd, and it reminds me that I really must check out all their other stuff, there's surely some more amazing stuff in there somewhere.

Increasingly dependent on their Zimmer fame.

mixed_biscuits

It just makes me think of mgmt, who I find really annoying. Falsetto elicits in me either strong liking or its opposite: the falsetto feels either to be a vehicle for a revealed truth through artifice or just false affectation.

Reactions: sus

dilbert1

Even better. Yeah actually now it makes me think of Cabaret Voltaire, which I guess is essentially a Suicide-type reaching for dub. Sounds like here the inverse maybe produces a superior result. That bass tone is freezing cold!

william_kent

Dixie Peach - Pure Worries

same rhythm as the Frankie B tune

Operating a small eight track studio in the basement of their house in Balham, Ital Stuff had recently been responsible for putting together and laying down the backing track to Dixie Peach's classic Pure Worries, released on the Jah Tubbys label in 1985. Upon playing Pure Worries to Frankie he was immediately inspired to lay down his own vocal on the track, which too features Dixie Peach contributing vocal harmonies